Why become a member? ×

North East Bass Bash - SUNDAY MARCH 1ST

wateroftyne

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='422608' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:02 PM']Well done Michael, a cracking day!

Mind I think GAS has been prematurely induced in a few people. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, my mate Craig (non-BassChatter, 3rd pic down on post #121) has been swayed to the dark side and despite my best efforts has decided that his first bass will be... a Fender! :) No accounting for taste! :D[/quote]

Heh.. post modified to reflect this new info. ;)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='422608' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:02 PM']Unfortunately, my mate Craig (non-BassChatter, 3rd pic down on post #121) has been swayed to the dark side and despite my best efforts has decided that his first bass will be... a Fender! :) No accounting for taste! :rolleyes:[/quote]

See! Told you I wasn't the only one. :D ;) :lol:

[quote name='budget bassist' post='422614' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:10 PM']some nice gear there, but the notts one was better! (haha, i joke). What's that little amp though next to the bongo? Looks like an eden or something...[/quote]

Phil Jones Bass, not sure of the model... is it the 'briefcase'? I'm sure the owner Ba55me15ter will elaborate. :)

i wish I could move my fingers as fast as my head so that they too would become a blur,,LOL!

Big thank you to WoT and Warwickhunt for the event.

Everyone to turned up were to blokes,all nice guys without egos.
Thank you to all for allowing me to knock up various size sheds on their fine bass equipment :)

Regards,Mark

[quote name='funkyhobbit' post='422681' date='Mar 1 2009, 09:21 PM']

i wish I could move my fingers as fast as my head so that they too would become a blur,,LOL![/quote]

I dunno like Mark between you and your 'ahem' Northern friend Thom, you had a fair old rate of thumbing going on... Ooooh that sounds a bit rude! :)

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='422712' date='Mar 1 2009, 09:55 PM']I ended up spending the morning fleeing round the Yorkshire Dales in fast cars, expected to be back in time, but it just didn't happen :)[/quote]

Not that fast, then? :rolleyes:

Next time, next time...

Great afternoon, some stunning gear on display and to try and more slappers in one place than a hen night in Blackpool :)

Nice to meet so many NE Basschatters and to talk bass with so many talented people. Roll on the next one eh?

Thanks again to WoT and Warwickhunt for the organisation etc. and thanks to Dave Wilson for the kind donation to the running of the event.

[quote name='JPJ' post='422787' date='Mar 1 2009, 11:19 PM']Thanks again to WoT and Warwickhunt for the organisation etc. and thanks to Dave Wilson for the kind donation to the running of the event.[/quote]

I'll 2nd that; a big thank you to Michael for organising the venue and advertising/plugging, with a special tip of the hat to the ever generous Dave Wilson for the 'sponsorship' BUT it wouldn't be a bash without those who took the time and effort to attend... Jesus H Christ this is a minefield :) I feel like I'm now dissing those who couldn't attend! :rolleyes:

You all know what I mean! :D

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='422779' date='Mar 2 2009, 04:10 AM']I dunno like Mark between you and your 'ahem' Northern friend Thom, you had a fair old rate of thumbing going on... Ooooh that sounds a bit rude! :rolleyes:[/quote]

It was na just meee,,, every one else was braying ten bells out too.
I am sure the videos will tell who was top of the tiddly bop on the day :D

Looks like Faron got the golden gaffa tape award LOL!!
He,s a top fella and he has a nice Vigier too :)

Edited by funkyhobbit

Hi WoT,
I introduced myself near the end but my moniker may have been drowned-out by heavy artillery. Nice to (sort of) meet you anyway!

The amp is indeed a PJB Briefcase. A lovely little thing, but somewhat out-gunned this afternoon!!

So, who wants to sell me an Overwater Jazz 5?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='422641' date='Mar 1 2009, 08:35 PM']That was Ba55me15ter? Dammit... I didn't realise.[/quote]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='422803' date='Mar 2 2009, 04:40 AM']WHAT is JPJ doing at 1:10 on the 'Big Jam' clip?? :)

Answers on a postcard...[/quote]

Was he saying "Those two F*ckers over there have a loose right hand technique" ????

Edited by funkyhobbit

Congrats to Messrs. Tyne and Hunt on organising a splendid afternoon. The event was well named as apparently residents in the neighbouring houses were ready to bash the living daylights out of any bass player who stepped outside unaccompanied. Here's to the next one....

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='422966' date='Mar 2 2009, 10:40 AM']Hey Marcus - is that 59 burst Sadowsky a recent acquisition from Guitar Guitar? I noticed it's disappeared off their site - I was gonna buy that very bass after playing Wayne58's NYC version.

How is it?[/quote]

The very same........ AWESOME !!