Why become a member? ×

North East Bass Bash - SUNDAY MARCH 1ST

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='402334' date='Feb 6 2009, 08:08 PM']Nearly, son... more tomorrow. ;)[/quote]

Well, its tomorrow, so..........

Is it there yet, is it there yet, is it there yet............ :P

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='391111' date='Jan 25 2009, 06:45 PM']It'll probably be an excellent opportunity/experience. We'll try and rein in Big Al's use of expletives! :P[/quote]

Not a problem now. I'm doing the sound for a Club Band on the afternoon, so I won't be there. ;)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='414378' date='Feb 19 2009, 03:36 PM']Not a problem now. I'm doing the sound for a Club Band on the afternoon, so I won't be there. ;)[/quote]

You f*ckin f*cker you, how dare you not attend. You can manage to make it to the last one in the depths of winter, in the snow... ON A MOTORBIKE [u]after[/u] your car has blown up and yet a little thing like work (patoooh) stops you! :P

So far, then...

Me
Warwickhunt
Truebassman
JPJ
bassoctopus (TBC)
Ba55me15ter
Boss Hog
The Legendary Dave Wilson
Eight
Marcus

I'll send a few reminders out to people who aren't listed here. Feel free to drum up a few more!

*cap in hand time*

The hall costs £20 to hire, so if you can donate a couple of quid on the day, fine.. don't feel pressured, though.

Out of interest, any of you attendees hot on your bass servicing? :P

I *might* be wanting to get a string action lowered, and some new strings put on but its a bit beyond my skill level so was going to ask around for a suitable shop; given the calibre of some of you lot, figured it was worth asking here first.

I say might because I haven't had much of a chance to get used to the bass yet; but HarryPotter clearly has bigger and stronger hands than I do. ;)

Oh I'm still driving so my earlier offer of a lift to any needy parties still stands.

[quote name='Eight' post='418622' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:22 PM']Out of interest, any of you attendees hot on your bass servicing? :P

I *might* be wanting to get a string action lowered, and some new strings put on but its a bit beyond my skill level so was going to ask around for a suitable shop; given the calibre of some of you lot, figured it was worth asking here first.

I say might because I haven't had much of a chance to get used to the bass yet; but HarryPotter clearly has bigger and stronger hands than I do. ;)

Oh I'm still driving so my earlier offer of a lift to any needy parties still stands.[/quote]
You're in luck!

There'll be a few dabblers there (like myself!) but... between Dave Wilson and Howard the Bass Doc, we'll have two of the most respected bass setter-uperers in North-East and beyond!

[quote name='Eight' post='418622' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:22 PM']Out of interest, any of you attendees hot on your bass servicing? :P

Oh I'm still driving so my earlier offer of a lift to any needy parties still stands.[/quote]

Present will be at least a good handful of amateur guitar techies who do there own servicing BUT Dave Wilson does it [u]professionally[/u] and if he can't sort you out then nobody can!

If you want to speak to him prior to the bash (to give him a heads up that he might need a basic tool kit and get an idea of strings, cost etc.) give BossHog a PM as he may well be traveling with him, alternatively WoT or myself will have his number somewhere to hand.

Actually I'm not sure if Howard Satterley (thebassdoctor) will be present, he does this sort of thing to! :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='418634' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:35 PM']You're in luck!

There'll be a few dabblers there (like myself!) but... between Dave Wilson and Howard the Bass Doc, we'll have two of the most respected bass setter-uperers in North-East and beyond![/quote]

DOH... must learn to type quicker. ;)