Why become a member? ×

Prosebass Jazz

Prosebass

You are now my primary source of GAS.

Although I don't like humbuckers at all, I love the innovations you come up with. I have often thought of having a three single coil jazz with a five way selector switch and if I do well at poker next year I think you will be the man to see about it!

Good work.

Paul.

[quote name='paul h' post='376018' date='Jan 10 2009, 11:44 AM']You are now my primary source of GAS.

Although I don't like humbuckers at all, I love the innovations you come up with. I have often thought of having a three single coil jazz with a five way selector switch and if I do well at poker next year I think you will be the man to see about it!

Good work.

Paul.[/quote]

Cheers Paul

I'm thinking of going really simple on this one with 2 switches for on/off with each pickup and just a passive tone and volume using the Cermet sealed pots I used on the natural bodied Precision I recently built.
Alternatively a full active 3 band EQ but I'm not a fan of basses full of knobs and it would have 5 if it was active !

Or just 2 volume and 1 tone ....not sure yet.

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='paul h' post='376040' date='Jan 10 2009, 12:01 PM']How about a mini toggle for each pick up and a volume?[/quote]

Easier than that is just 2 volumes a 500k for the humbucker and a 250k for the single coil.

Cheers Paul we sorted that quickly between us.... ;) Bass by committee ...I'll call it the British Leyland.

Will post the progress pictures tonight.

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='budget bassist' post='378356' date='Jan 12 2009, 10:20 PM']Looking cool :P Only things i'd change would be the hardware from black to chrome and i'd have used 3 or 5 ply pickguard material. I'd like to hear it when it's finished![/quote]

The idea behind using 6mm perspex was so it would double up as a thumb rest for its entire length and make the bass easier / nicer to play fingerstylee.

I don't like chrome ! it seems very bland to me lately ;)

[quote name='cai!' post='383519' date='Jan 17 2009, 07:48 PM']Thats lovely! your ideas are great! thats a really interesting take on a jazz bass and brings alot of ideas to mind!

is this made to a customer spec then? or are you keeping it or just a straight sale to the first person?[/quote]

Bass now for sale....[topic="38583"]Here[/topic]