Why become a member? ×

RON ASHETON DEAD

CyberBass

OK, thanks. Sounds like a sad and lonely death.

[url="http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/01/06/the-stooges-guitarist-ron-asheton-found-dead-at-60/"]http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...und-dead-at-60/[/url]

Edited by Kirky

[quote name='bremen' post='372100' date='Jan 6 2009, 03:30 PM']He was the good guy.[/quote]

Well if you can say that a guy who had a fetish for wearing Nazi uniforms and collecting Nazi memorabilia, was the 'good guy' doesn't say much for the rest of the band :) Don't stop me from loving the Stooges though. :huh:

[quote name='Kirky' post='372119' date='Jan 6 2009, 03:55 PM']OK, thanks. Sounds like a sad and lonely death.[/quote]

I don't think he was sad or lonely. The Stooges have been touring a lot recently to back up a new studio album a year or two ago. I saw them at the Royal Albert Hall a year (or so) ago and they were on fine form.

[quote name='Tee' post='372212' date='Jan 6 2009, 05:22 PM']PS has anyone seen Iggy Pop's advert for insurance or whatever it is, on the TV? WTF :)[/quote]

Indeed, what was that insurance company thinking of? Not many people are even going to know who it is, so they'll just think it's some half-naked nutter spouting rubbish.

[quote name='Galilee' post='372216' date='Jan 6 2009, 05:27 PM']Indeed, what was that insurance company thinking of? Not many people are even going to know who it is, so they'll just think it's some half-naked nutter spouting rubbish.[/quote]

You mean it ain't? :)

[quote name='thebeat' post='372161' date='Jan 6 2009, 04:47 PM']Well if you can say that a guy who had a fetish for wearing Nazi uniforms and collecting Nazi memorabilia, was the 'good guy' doesn't say much for the rest of the band :) Don't stop me from loving the Stooges though. :huh:[/quote]

Yeah,of course collecting anything political or 'Dark' in its nature is BAD.

.....Old Red stars,Old Iron Crosses,signed pics of African Dictators,Serial killer artwork,bust's of Lenin, Old SS Daggers....anything to be associated with Crowley....Ernie Ball Sabre's.....makes all collectors of anything c**ts dosent it..all property is theft...

[quote name='thebeat' post='372161' date='Jan 6 2009, 04:47 PM']Well if you can say that a guy who had a fetish for wearing Nazi uniforms and collecting Nazi memorabilia, was the 'good guy' doesn't say much for the rest of the band :) Don't stop me from loving the Stooges though. :huh:[/quote]
Just because he collected this does not make him a nazi,its just an interesting period of history.

[quote name='ARGH' post='372295' date='Jan 6 2009, 06:48 PM']Yeah,of course collecting anything political or 'Dark' in its nature is BAD.

.....Old Red stars,Old Iron Crosses,signed pics of African Dictators,Serial killer artwork,bust's of Lenin, Old SS Daggers....anything to be associated with Crowley....Ernie Ball Sabre's.....makes all collectors of anything c**ts dosent it..all property is theft...[/quote]
Oh for god sake shut up.

[quote name='CyberBass' post='372065' date='Jan 6 2009, 03:02 PM']Sad news today. Ron Asheton Guitarist for The Stooges was found dead today.
Ron also played Bass for The Stooges for a period including playing Bass on the 'Raw Power' album.

Personally am gutted. R.I.P. Ron[/quote]
+1

Sad news indeed...

[quote]Yeah,of course collecting anything political or 'Dark' in its nature is BAD.

.....Old Red stars,Old Iron Crosses,signed pics of African Dictators,Serial killer artwork,bust's of Lenin, Old SS Daggers....anything to be associated with Crowley....Ernie Ball Sabre's.....makes all collectors of anything c**ts dosent it..all property is theft...[/quote]

[quote name='small_lump_of_green_putty' post='372323' date='Jan 6 2009, 07:18 PM']Oh for god sake shut up.[/quote]

....succinct and to the point :)

[quote name='YouMa' post='372303' date='Jan 6 2009, 06:57 PM']Just because he collected this does not make him a nazi,its just an interesting period of history.[/quote]

Never said it did....whatever floats yer boat etc. I have a large collection of literature on the Holocaust but have yet to carry out any pograms.