Why become a member? ×

What was the gear outcome of 2008 for you?

JimBobTTD

Basses = 0 (2 in, 2 out)
FX = +1 (3 in, 1 out)
Amps +1 (1 in, 0 out)

Basses
In = Squier Deluxe Active Jazz V & Spector Legend 5
Out = Vintage V940 + Squier Deluxe Active Jazz V

FX
In = DHA VT1 Eq-Bass-Drive, Zoom B2.1u (x2), Behringer BLE100
Out = Zoom B2.1u

Amps
In = Ashdown Perfect Ten practise amp. (I don't have a rig).

• 2 weeks later...

I've paid my dues to my back and got rid of my Mesa tower ... and changed it into a neat Glockenklang rig with an EBS Valve-Drive as valve drive ;)
Checked on a Ricky 4003 again (after 4 years without one) - nope - it's the WAL-tone that does it for me.
Tried a fantastic MIDI WAL and swapped it for something I've never thought of playing: a fretless sixstring WAL MKIII (It took me about 1100 kilometres in my car to get these basses to my flat ...)
Emailed with Paul Herman in November about a WAL MKII 4 translucent blue for 2009 (yeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhh!).
I think I'm not going to change my rig within the next years. It's more the instruments I'm worried about ...
Cheers

Edited by spiritchaser

2009 is shaping up nicely.

I sold my restored Burny Mockingbird project (finally...) and I have bought a Les Paul Standard. Now to sell off a couple of my guitars to finance it! Still, out with the so-so to good stuff and in with the great stuff which will stay with me forever.

Now - [i]now [/i]- it's no more stuff for me for at least six months!

Oh my god i dread to think of the money spent this year ;)

Basses: 1 at the start of the year (StingRay 4)

3 In : Warwick Streamer ProM 5
Roscoe Beck V
Squier Deluxe Active Jazz V

2 Out: MusicMan StingRay 4
Warwick Streamer ProM

Amps: 1 at the start of the year (epifani UL502..I cant remeber)

2 In : Ashdown Superfly
Ashdown ABM 300

2 Out : Ashdown Superfly
Epifani

Conclusions? I am really pleased, got a set up I am really pleased witha nd two great basses which I never thought I would own so big suprises and happy faces all round. I actually thought I had been quite good with my gear this year as well, basically becoming more active on basschat this year has a direct corrolation with gear sold/swapped.

2009 is shaping up horribly for me. The end of 2008 saw me move on my namesake Ric 4000 due to financial difficulties. My CS still needs to go for the same reason, and also for the same reason my beloved Alembic is going, because of ongoing and worsening back and neck problems. So I'll have gone from 2 dream Rics and my workhorse (plus 1 still being refurbed), my dream Alembic, and my back-friendly Sei to 1+1 (possibly; not even sure about the +1) Rics and the Sei. I'd just about got everything I'd ever really wanted (well, a Wal Pro would've been nice) and I've had to get rid of most of it. Oh, and I can't use my favourite gear (old Trace), even though I could get it for peanuts, because of my back. Grrrreat.

Edited by 4000

• 1 month later...

[u]OUT[/u]
Crown power amp
Zoom RFX2000 [size=1](to a twat who shortchanged me and then had the cheek to leave bad f/back... well fuk you pal, I hope it broke)[/size]
SKB 6U case
errm, I think that was about it..?

[u]IN[/u]
SWR SM-900 [i](glorious!)[/i]
AKG wireless
Gator 4U case
Korg Pandora
E-H Small Stone
Digitech Bad Monkey, SFX (Silent Fly) modded
Boss Bass Chorus

He-he.
Here comes Mr. Minimalist!

[b]In[/b]: OLP MM3 ('cos I won it @ the bash!!)
: MXR M-80
: I might have bought some strings
: Oh yeah! My second Daughter !!

[b]Out[/b]: Nothing. As usual.

This year? I ordered the first Status of 2009. Kicked Rob and Dawn's door in on 06/01 and demanded a (modified) Streamline. I reckon that'll be it apart from a Korg Pandora and maybe some new headphones...

My 2009 is looking eventful, but a bit expensive.

In:
Gibson Les Paul Std
ESP Eclipse CTM1
Warmoth Project Superstrat

Out:
Burny Mockingbird Bass Restoration Project
Gibson SG
LTD M400

All in all, 3 guitars in, 1 bass and 2 guitars out. And those last two guitars didn't stay in for very long.

Still, the Les Paul and ESP are real keepers, so they were wise purchases. I didn't bond with the SG at all, so it was good that I sold it. The LTD...well, I kind of miss it, so I ordered a whole bunch of stuff from Warmoth (at eye-watering expense, I might add, but still not much more than a replacement LTD M400) to compensate.