Why become a member? ×

Another mans (or woman’s) meat etc.

Quilly

45 minutes ago, Drax said:

Hey drT, think you meant to post here.. 😊

Yep - my fault entirely - well not actually - a combination of Virgin Trains' appallingly variable signal and the forum app losing everything every time the signal dropped - but hey no worries - I'll put the post where it was meant to go haha 😁👍

• Like 1

I have a HB jazz and yeah it's heavy but it sounds fine and the neck is gorgeous. My longest owned, most reliable amp is a Behringer BX4500H.  I bought it back when anti Behringer fever was at its height, but mine has outlasted a fair few more illustrious brand names. Oh and it produces a wonderful tone. 

I have a Red5 microphone which cost me less than £50 brand new and easily outperforms mics costing 3 times the price. 

The best bass I own is a Bass Collection Bruce Thomas Profile. I would not change any part of it. And yes I have had more expensive instruments and sold them after acquiring the Profile. 

Not averse to an Ampeg through a couple of Barefaced cabs but happy too with a Bugera Veyron through an old Trace cab loaded with a metal coned Behringer 15" speaker which I bought about 15 years ago and still sounds great. 

Best pedal bought after a couple of years of pedal buying selling and swapping is an Ammoon cheapy. 

But I don't feel safe without @obbmcabling  between me and my amps and cabs. Never, ever failed me. 

3 Rick copies have scratched that itch, no need to spend thousands on the genuine article 

I'm content to use what I enjoy and can afford regardless of price or label. 

• Like 2

I spent a whole gigging my Harley Benton Pb50 through a Behringer BDI21.

less than £100 all in!

that bass was great! Heavy but solid and sounded sweet.

i currently play a Squire p bass with a Dimarzio Pup and another with a Creamery.

both cost less than £200 each and they play and sound wonderful.

i Love upgrading cheap gear. The rest of my band have stupidly expensive guitars and drums  and I love rocking up with my squires and sounding just as good 😀

I’ve been on a quest to find a Jazz bass that I really gel with for years. Had US Standards/Deluxe, Mex Standard/Deluxe, all ok but nothing that wowed. Finally found it in a Squier Vintage Modified 77, just has the feel and playability I’ve been looking for, at a sixth of the (new) price of some of the others. 

Recent clearout to fund an incoming build had left me without a 5, so bought the HB P/J Deluxe to cover a few gigs. 110 euros new. Cheapest ever owned, but a long way from the worst. For the money it's a masterpiece. 

I know I'll love the new arrival, and it will play (a bit) better, but can't help the question the GAS / materialism around all this. 

IMG_0712.thumb.jpg.6238d7e009d73a7249044589f028d765.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

I’ve been on a quest to find a Jazz bass that I really gel with for years. Had US Standards/Deluxe, Mex Standard/Deluxe, all ok but nothing that wowed. Finally found it in a Squier Vintage Modified 77, just has the feel and playability I’ve been looking for, at a sixth of the (new) price of some of the others. 

I did a straight swap with a guy a few years back. He had a passive Mayones Jabba 4, I had a Fender Jazz USA. To me the Mayones was just streets ahead but he just wanted that Fender Logo on his headstock for some reason. I sometimes feel guilty about the swap. Sometimes.