Why become a member? ×

Guess the Bass Line

stewblack

3 minutes ago, AussieBassman said:

Well, I thought it was me that guessed the Kansas bassline correctly, but never mind. Go ahead.

This game moves fast, but there are plenty of people who guess but can't record an entry. Stand by, you'll be able to submit one soon enough 👍

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

This game moves fast, but there are plenty of people who guess but can't record an entry. Stand by, you'll be able to submit one soon enough 👍

So, I guessed. No confirmation from OP it was a correct guess. I didn't say I couldn't record anything. Some random jumps in and posts something else. Standing by for your go-ahead.

1 minute ago, AussieBassman said:

So, I guessed. No confirmation from OP it was a correct guess. I didn't say I couldn't record anything. Some random jumps in and posts something else. Standing by for your go-ahead.

Sorry mate. This game has a mind of its own. I started it with the idea that the winner got to post the next clip but as it turned out quite often people who win can't post until later in the day, so to keep the game going folk started to put up clips as and when they had them. You are indeed the winner so don't feel any hesitation in posting - no need to wait we've had two different games going at once before!

2 minutes ago, AussieBassman said:

I think you may be taking it a little too seriously 🙂

It was confirmed 12 hours ago that you were correct, but as is often the case someone filled the gap in the meantime 👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

... we've had two different games going at once before!

Can I suggest a rule that says you can only post a new bassline while one (or more) is in play if you can demonstrate either harmonic or historical relationship to the other bassline(s)?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, musicbassman said:

Well, I was only trying to keep things going...

I'll wait for the ref's whistle next time.

Poor ref, that means he's now got to monitor this thread 24/7 from now on, or risk receiving complaints   😥

No! I am the anarchist ref, there are no rules. Have at it, do your worst. Who says we can't have 6 different clips in play at once? Or 7. Come on we can do whatever we want to 

• Haha 1

- and then we can enjoy setting up Committees to establish the exact rules of play, sub committees to make sure the game is inclusive (might involve diversity awareness training), written risk assessments for those playing 'challenging' bass lines etc, etc - hours of fun !  😳

• Haha 2