Why become a member? ×

Guess the Bass Line

stewblack

Say It Ain't So, Weezer.

I have one recorded on my phone, but guess what?  I've left my phone in the studio since Tuesday - that's almost a week.  Thank god I'm not a millennial...

Edit: You've guessed it, I'm in no position to record...

Edited by missis sumner
  • Like 1

I’m stumped I was thinking the clue refers to albums with numbers in the title so that got me thinking maybe something from Stone Temple Pilots or Pearl Jam but they only released 1 album each that is just a number???? Am I at all close

but reading the post above great shout!! 

Edited by Jimothey

1 hour ago, Jimothey said:

I’m stumped I was thinking the clue refers to albums with numbers in the title so that got me thinking maybe something from Stone Temple Pilots or Pearl Jam but they only released 1 album each that is just a number???? Am I at all close

You were on the right track. I seem to remember his first four albums were all called "Peter Gabriel", and Weezer also released several eponymous albums.

Edited by Johnny Wishbone
  • Like 1

Apologies for the rather abrupt editing, but this is the only bit of the song I could play consistently well enough! It does contain what I think is the most distinctive part of the bassline so it should hopefully be recognisable.

Edited by Johnny Wishbone
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

Apologies for the rather abrupt editing, but this is the only bit of the song I could play consistently well enough! It does contain what I think is the most distinctive part of the bassline so it should hopefully be recognisable.

Sounds like the not inconsiderable work of Mani!

13 minutes ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

It is indeed Sir Gary of Mounfield. I even played it on a hollowbody for authenticity 😉

I've nothing else recorded right now (that one took me bloody ages!) so hopefully someone else has?

Bloody heck mate, you made a great job of it! I can easily believe the time it took. I've been playing a song from that same 2nd album for months (track 1), and I'm still not quite there yet!!

Probably because I don't have the right bass... 😔

I'll record a few snippets of basslines for the quiz now in a minute...

• Thanks 1