Why become a member? ×

Oh god. WHY NOW.

Shockwave

Theres a bass i want on ebay, have wanted it for a long time. Its even the right colour!

As some of you know i have been after one of these for a couple of years now, One was on ebay a few months ago, I had to sell my Prized BC-Rich Eagle custom shop to afford it, but it had already sold by the time i had the money :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USA-Fender-Precision-5-String_W0QQitemZ290281744425QQihZ019QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USA-Fender-Precision...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url]

Hopefully the guy will trade for my musicman SR5:) But unlikely!

Someone buy it so i can buy it off of you in January! Please!

-Rob.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='349889' date='Dec 9 2008, 04:39 PM'][i]"5 String USA Fender Precision in as new condition. This is a USA Deluxe edition."
[/i]
[i]"These basses were limited edition and are no longer in production. You can only get them in standard form and not deluxe."
[/i]
:)[/quote]
he's sayin they only do standard precisions now, no more deluxes like this one....i think

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='349904' date='Dec 9 2008, 04:46 PM']I have an anodised pickguard on my Celinder P, its really durable and I love it. I don't understand why weren't standard on jazz basses too.[/quote]

The Jazz Deluxe had a Anodised Gold pickguard as well.

Gorgeous!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='351408' date='Dec 11 2008, 02:08 AM']^^ did you buy it?? pity the idea that someone was seriously gunna buy this for Rob hasnt actually been posted here :)[/quote]

Yup, it was going to happen as well!

Oh well, i'll have to wait another year for one i guess :huh:

Anyway, thanks to the guys that offered to help me out with the bass it was really a very touching thought.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='BassManKev' post='351408' date='Dec 11 2008, 02:08 AM']^^ did you buy it?? pity the idea that someone was seriously gunna buy this for Rob hasnt actually been posted here :)[/quote]

No-I meant sorry because the price was too high for my limited budget at the moment. It would have been a nice surprise for Rob, but wasn't meant to be. :huh:

Edited by BigAlonBass

[quote name='The Burpster' post='351492' date='Dec 11 2008, 09:41 AM']I have to say I am stunned by last evening....... In this financial climate too![/quote]

Actually Rob, I've been on't 'bay a bit this evening (fookin xmas! :huh: ) and its a bit menkle... folks are paying daft money for stuff!

If I'd have realised how silly it is I would have approached it differently.... sorry chuck! (:) @ me)

[quote name='Beedster' post='352126' date='Dec 11 2008, 08:35 PM']Don't worry Rob, having owned both basses, the SR5 is a far better bass, you'd only have played the PB for a few weks and it would have been up for sale. :huh:
Would have been nice however had BCers managed to sort something. Next time eh!
Chris[/quote]

Ahh well, When someone told me a particular bass was supposed to be better compared to another i take it with a pinch of salt, As much as i would like to believe you, I undoubtably have a different opinion! I mean lifes not that bad, I have a 5 string thats a P-J, I have a 5 string which has a MM, But what if they put the two TOGETHER. I would still like a P5 Deluxe even if i decide to sell it, As that ebay auction proved there will be a market for it! besides, I loved the colour combo :huh:

I feel guilty enough for considering the possibility of taking a BC'ers money anyway to pay for a bass. So there probably wont be a next time :)

Thanks for the advice though man :huh:

-Rob.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='352306' date='Dec 11 2008, 11:58 PM']Ahh well, When someone told me a particular bass was supposed to be better compared to another i take it with a pinch of salt, As much as i would like to believe you, I undoubtably have a different opinion! I mean lifes not that bad, I have a 5 string thats a P-J, I have a 5 string which has a MM, But what if they put the two TOGETHER. I would still like a P5 Deluxe even if i decide to sell it, As that ebay auction proved there will be a market for it! besides, I loved the colour combo :huh:

I feel guilty enough for considering the possibility of taking a BC'ers money anyway to pay for a bass. So there probably wont be a next time :)

-Rob.[/quote]

For a few grant cheques I know a man who'll build you a perfect P5 in any colour you like :huh:

[quote name='Shockwave' post='352306' date='Dec 11 2008, 11:58 PM']Ahh well, When someone told me a particular bass was supposed to be better compared to another i take it with a pinch of salt, As much as i would like to believe you, I undoubtably have a different opinion! I mean lifes not that bad, I have a 5 string thats a P-J, I have a 5 string which has a MM, But what if they put the two TOGETHER. I would still like a P5 Deluxe even if i decide to sell it, As that ebay auction proved there will be a market for it! besides, I loved the colour combo :huh:

I feel guilty enough for considering the possibility of taking a BC'ers money anyway to pay for a bass. So there probably wont be a next time :huh:

-Rob.[/quote]

I'll go further and say that, having played many passive Precisions and one Custom Shop active Precision, the deluxe was a huge disappointment. Tonally it was so neutral, even sterile, as to make me want to pull out the active circuit and run it passive (which I'm noit sure was a possibility). The PPUP certainly had thump and power but no warmth, and the MM PUP sounded nothing like an MM, more like a cheaper Jazz. OK, buy a bass for the way it looks (I'm sure we're all guilty of that on occasion), but make sure it's a decent bass first :huh:
These things go in cycles, a few months back there were several on the bay at the same time and no-one wanted them :)
Chris

Edited by Beedster

Day off today so catching up with a few threads, and I've just noticed what you said about your PUP config on the SR5 Rob. Perhaps if you reverted to stock you might get a greater tonal range out of it? There were a few things I didn't like about my SR5, but I certainly couldn't complain about versatility, certainly way more than the Deluxe Precision :)