Why become a member? ×

**SOLD **

SpinalTap

What kind of celinders are you looking for? I have three at the moment (including the second jazz that Chris ever made) and tbh I'm sorely tempted to keep them all but a stingray in that kind of nick is hard to ignore.

Anyone, where can I get that tape/sponge which was used for muting? I want to stick some under my 2005 stingray so that i can play Chic stuff without sounding crap. I can do all the stuff, Everybody dance, freak out, we are family but its never quite reproducible....Bernard Edwards could do it but half of it was the muting...I reckon anyway.

[quote name='SpinalTap' post='343884' date='Dec 3 2008, 10:41 AM']Here on the other side of the pond[/quote]

The vast majority of us are in the UK not the US on this forum so we're on the same side of "the pond". :)

Edited by Sean

Too expensive at the moment but absolutly awesome anyhow.

[quote name='BassKS' post='343883' date='Dec 3 2008, 10:40 AM']Anyone, where can I get that tape/sponge which was used for muting? I want to stick some under my 2005 stingray so that i can play Chic stuff without sounding crap. I can do all the stuff, Everybody dance, freak out, we are family but its never quite reproducible....Bernard Edwards could do it but half of it was the muting...I reckon anyway.[/quote]

The mutes are fairly useless, and like most people Edwards didn't use them (to the best of my knowledge). If you really wanted them you'd have to sell your 2005 and get a pre- 93/94 Stingray.

Sorry for the hijack!

Yeah man you should have no problem shifting one in this nick :)

Lovely bass! Wish I had the money... :)
+1 to what Graeme said about the mutes. You'd have to sell the 2005 as the bridge is different. Off the top of my head you'd need a 'pre-flea' - bridge with the thumbscrews and mute springs. If you find one but without the mute pads then any old neoprene mouse pad material would serve you well. Just cut to size and glue in place.

[quote name='Sean' post='343986' date='Dec 3 2008, 01:39 PM']The vast majority of us are in the UK not the US on this forum so we're on the same side of "the pond". :huh:[/quote]

pardon my Englisch. The North Sea is our own Ocean.... :huh:

[quote name='Neil H' post='344283' date='Dec 3 2008, 05:06 PM']I wonder why its never been used?[/quote]

This bass was owned by a guitar player, so it stayed in it's case most of the time. It has been used a bit. Looks like a bass that has players wear for 1-2 years instead of 30....

[quote name='gareth' post='344308' date='Dec 3 2008, 05:28 PM']I still have this is anyone's interested:-[/quote]

Sorry, that's kind of rude in somebody's for sale ad.... :)

Edited by Machines

[quote name='SpinalTap' post='343707' date='Dec 3 2008, 12:09 AM']I'm selling this lovely looking pre-EB Stingray from 1977 (serial: B006) In almost new condition.

Everything original, and the electronics work great. This Is the best looking vintage Stingray I have ever seen
Only damage I could find is a small dent near the strapbutton under the bass, and a small 'red' stain in the finish, at the bottom of the bass, near the controls.
This stain is from the interior of the case were this bass has been put for 25 years.

Very special bass. It will be very hard to find another one in this shape.

Pics! More on request.....
[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]

I'm asking 2550 euro's for this bass.
Not really interested in trades. But it never hurts to send me a proposal. Although there has to be cash involved.
I like older Fenders, Celinders, but let me know if you have something else.

I would strongly prefer a pickup deal. In Amsterdam, or meet somewere (at the border) If you live in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany etc.
The original case (with the red interior!) is included. Cool for the vintage vibe, but not really suitable for shiping. :)[/quote]

MB1. :huh:
Santa Claus You have P.M! :huh:

[quote name='Machines' post='345035' date='Dec 4 2008, 06:43 AM']I have just messaged gareth about this, unfortunately not for the first time.[/quote]

This is the first time Ive read tht ad, and gareths link has been removed, out of curiousity may I ask what the link was?

Thats a stunning stingray btw, I dont usually go for the natural finish on a ray but that is gorgeous, good luck with your sale sir.

Edited by kevbass

Hi,

Thanks, and it's much nicer in person.... :)
And to answer your question: Its was an advertisement for another Stingray

Several people asked for extra pictures. I will take them tomorrow, and post them also in this ad.

Edited by SpinalTap