2 minutes ago, BK56 said:

Am looking for a wiring loom for a PJ Bass can you help?

But of course 😃 PM coming your way.

Cheerz, John

Hi, found this thread. Would you be able to do a custom loom? I'm going to wire some new pickups into my Jazz but I've heard great things about having a series/parallel push/pull pot. Would this be something you could do? If so, how much. Many thanks!

2 hours ago, Useless amateur said:

Just bought my second wiring loom for a Precision from John. They really are great and he is a nice guy full of advice

Jon

Theses a feedback section on BC for john here...

• Thanks 1

I have bought a couple of kits of this fella and I have to say, they're top drawer.

It's funny, whenever I look at eBay listings for Jazz basses or Precisions, the first thing I think of is replacing the pickups and wiring harnesses. John is always the go-to person for the harnesses. Quality and value.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WHUFC BASS said:

I have bought a couple of kits of this fella and I have to say, they're top drawer.

It's funny, whenever I look at eBay listings for Jazz basses or Precisions, the first thing I think of is replacing the pickups and wiring harnesses. John is always the go-to person for the harnesses. Quality and value.

@WHUFC BASS COYI

JON

• Like 1

Hi John,

I have a Squier classic vibe jazz bass which i upgraded with a Fender S1 control plate that I picked up on eBay. I want to replace it because the S1 switch is not working correctly. I was asked in another thread about the Obsidian solderless wiring kits and someone suggested I asked you.

Firstly, can you do a wiring kit with an S1 control in it?

If not then I might just go back to the regular wiring, but it means I'm short of a volume knob as this one has the push button in the center. Can you supply a loom with the knobs or recommend which ones to get?

Cheers,

Jim

26 minutes ago, jim_bass said:

Hi John,

I have a Squier classic vibe jazz bass which i upgraded with a Fender S1 control plate that I picked up on eBay. I want to replace it because the S1 switch is not working correctly. I was asked in another thread about the Obsidian solderless wiring kits and someone suggested I asked you.

If not then I might just go back to the regular wiring, but it means I'm short of a volume knob as this one has the push button in the center. Can you supply a loom with the knobs or recommend which ones to get?

Cheers,

Jim

John is a top bloke and very patient and helpful. Highly recommended

Jon

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, jim_bass said:

Hi John,

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Jim, you have a PM

I'm now sitting here with John's new wiring in my MIM Jazz and I'm a very happy customer. The first loom supplied didn't work as it should but John was super-helpful with lots of support and swapped it straight away when we'd worked out it wasn't me that was at fault (which, being honest, was much more likely to be the case). Buy from this chap with confidence!

Hi John,

I'n building a custom jazz bass and I'd like to order a jazz bass volume/blend/tone pre-made wiring loom on a new black bell plate but I need the right size bell plate.

I have the old, scratched black bell plate that came with the very nice natural bass body and this fits with the new scratchplate I bought, and all the screw holes for both line up with the screw holes in the body. The old bell plate is 68 mm at its widest point but the replacement bell plate I bought is only 59 or 60 mm at its widest point, so it doesn't fit where it meets the scratchplate and the screw holes don't line up with the screw holes in the body. Do you use bell plates that are 68 mm at the widest point? If so, I'd like to order a new black bell plate with a jazz bass VBT loom and black knobs/white lines. If not, can you source a three ply black/white/black jazz bass scratch plate that fits with the bell plates you use?

Many thanks

John

Hi John,  thanks for the enquiry, I will PM you.

Cheerz, John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1