Why become a member? ×

What is this bass?????

Dandelion

Bridgehouse, what are the specs for that bass? Scale length? String spacing? What pickup and electronics are in there? Is the fingerboard plain wood, or epoxy treated?
It is truly a stunner. I've had a quite a few fretlesses through the years, but tend to go back to my old Skyline 55-02 all the time. I don't know if I've had luck with that one. From what I've heard it is kind of a custom mix instrument, where the US Lakland facility picked the best Skyline neck they had lying around and added to the best ditto body. I've had Warwick, Sleinberger L2, NS Radius, some custom madebasses, but this old Skyline really is the fretless to play for me this far. 
Anyway - you got a very nice instrument there, had it only had five strings... ;) 

2 minutes ago, bassmayhem said:

Bridgehouse, what are the specs for that bass? Scale length? String spacing? What pickup and electronics are in there? Is the fingerboard plain wood, or epoxy treated?
It is truly a stunner. I've had a quite a few fretlesses through the years, but tend to go back to my old Skyline 55-02 all the time. I don't know if I've had luck with that one. From what I've heard it is kind of a custom mix instrument, where the US Lakland facility picked the best Skyline neck they had lying around and added to the best ditto body. I've had Warwick, Sleinberger L2, NS Radius, some custom madebasses, but this old Skyline really is the fretless to play for me this far. 
Anyway - you got a very nice instrument there, had it only had five strings... ;) 

Shuker will make one to pretty much whatever spec you require.

7 minutes ago, DarkHeart said:

Scott Devine has just posted that pic on Instagram today, got a few thousand likes as well, it`s popular!

And he’s finally credited me for it. 

Shame Bass Player Magazine haven’t. They will be hearing from my photo agency tomorrow (honestly!)

• Like 3