Why become a member? ×

Dual preamp

fleabag

Having failed to find anything useful using " dual preamp " in the search function,  got to ask here.

I'd like a dual preamp head,  ( not dual power amp ) and    footswitchable ,  so i can set two different EQ sounds for one bass.

I've already owned a Carvin BX  - great amp - but  over the top. Found i didn't need two internal power amps.

I know there's a Markbass LMK, but cannot find one 2nd hand.  Genz Shuttle Max  9 ( 9.2 ? )   i believe had dual preamps , and maybe the Mesa Titan v12, but thats too much, especially the price.

Is there any other dual preamp heads that i could be looking for ?

Have you considered an on-board preamp? I found it useful when I had a Sire V7 Jazz. Nice to have options at your fingertips, you don't even have to wander back and forth to your amp. On the other hand when I moved it on I found the simplicity of a passive P Bass attractive, too... but then I'm a great believer in having everything as simple as possible at gigs. Bass > lead > combo > done. :)

40 minutes ago, bassace said:

Grace Designs Felix, not cheap and sorry about the dark quick pic.

BE905F6D-95AD-4750-BD08-293FD475BA60.thumb.jpeg.f5d5c814ee9f980bba23b64814b81e3b.jpeg

Wow - that's an odd looking amp. Looks like a big foot pedal - i'll check this out too, though if, as you say, they're expensive, maybe not. Interesting though

23 minutes ago, discreet said:

Have you considered an on-board preamp? I found it useful when I had a Sire V7 Jazz. Nice to have options at your fingertips, you don't even have to wander back and forth to your amp. On the other hand when I moved it on I found the simplicity of a passive P Bass attractive, too... but then I'm a great believer in having everything as simple as possible at gigs. Bass > lead > combo > done. :)

My Overwater already has on-board pre,  so another one is probably out of the question.  And the idea of a footswitchable dual pre means i dont have to keep walking back to the amp

The markbass evo i have for sale at the moment, has x2 separate channels, each of which can be set to 12 different models, and have their own eq and fx. AND if you want you can blend them. You can select which one to use by a little switch, or there is a foot switch available.

Both channels can be run and selected for one bass, or you can also input 2 basses if needed.

Edited by la bam

2 minutes ago, la bam said:

The markbass evo i have for sale at the moment, has x2 separate channels, each of which can be set to 12 different models, and have their own eq and fx. AND if you want you can blend them. You can select which one to use by a little switch, or there is a foot switch available.

Both channels can be run and selected for one bass, or you can also input 2 basses if needed.

I'll have a look at that LB, thanks

2 hours ago, fleabag said:

Wow - that's an odd looking amp. Looks like a big foot pedal - i'll check this out too, though if, as you say, they're expensive, maybe not. Interesting though

It’s too damn nice to put on the floor. I stand it on top of my amp when I use it.