Why become a member? ×

Vintage have been kind enough

noirpunk

[quote name='noirpunk' post='340690' date='Nov 29 2008, 06:45 PM']to endorse me :)

[url="http://www.jhs.co.uk/foreignlegion.html"]Link[/url][/quote]

Nice one - good for you. :huh:

Does that mean you can only play Vintage basses when gigging etc?
If it does, could find a good home for that Fresher of yours :huh:

Edited by nick

[quote name='nick' post='340699' date='Nov 29 2008, 06:55 PM']Nice one - good for you. :huh:

Does that mean you can only play Vintage basses when gigging etc?
If it does, could find a good home for that Fresher of yours :huh:[/quote]

I'll be using vintage exclusively yup! I wouldn't sell you the Fresher, firstly I want it cos Nicky Wire played one... secondly it's got a crack in the headstock from where I dropped it at the end of a gig... lol

[quote name='Protium' post='340703' date='Nov 29 2008, 07:02 PM']"I found it difficult to find a bass that packed enough punch, with good playability and most importantly one that was good value for money. The V4 has this in spades"

Is this a direct quote? :huh:

Nice one :)[/quote]

Yup, a direct quote indeed. As some of you know I've been dabbling with a number of different basses. I was after a Sid Vicious style bass not too long ago, I stumbled on the vintage and it blew my socks off for the money!

[quote name='LWTAIT' post='340733' date='Nov 29 2008, 07:58 PM']yet youre playing a rick in your avatar :)[/quote]

Not anymore I'm not :huh:

[quote name='Jase' post='340738' date='Nov 29 2008, 08:09 PM']Nice one Jarrod...the boys mentioned it last night...tidy darts![/quote]

Cheers Jase. I was in the right place at the right time, can't believe my luck!

[quote name='noirpunk' post='340718' date='Nov 29 2008, 07:15 PM']I'll be using vintage exclusively yup! I wouldn't sell you the Fresher, firstly I want it cos Nicky Wire played one...[/quote]

I didn't know that - interesting. Another one to add to the list of famous Rickenfaker users..Barry Adamson,Bruce Foxton,Hooky,Cliff Burton(?)

[quote name='MythSte' post='340749' date='Nov 29 2008, 08:27 PM']Good job man!

are you allowed to talk to us about contracts etc? Id be interested to hear the juice.[/quote]

Basically I bought the bass, it was brilliant. I needed a replacement tuner tho. I went to Music Live 2008, spoke to a guy on the stand and after a few emails back and forth I was on the site.
I'm doing this purely because I think the bass is awesome. I started off with a Vintage g*itar many years ago. I honestly think that the Vintage brand stuff is better than anything else in the price range. When I was looking for the bass I now play I tried a few competitors and nothing was quite this good for the money!

[quote name='nick' post='340752' date='Nov 29 2008, 08:37 PM']I didn't know that - interesting. Another one to add to the list of famous Rickenfaker users..Barry Adamson,Bruce Foxton,Hooky,Cliff Burton(?)[/quote]

Noooo his was a real one, I'm just not into paying Rick prices :)

[quote name='ped' post='340783' date='Nov 29 2008, 09:24 PM']Cool stuff, sounds like a good 'relationship'. I wonder how many basschatters are endorsed?

Cheers
pedro[/quote]
I sent an email to simple to try to get a talc endorsement for my Ashborys as their talc doesn't have any string-rotting additives. However I didn't even get an acknowledgement, so bollocks to them - I've decanted my unscented simple talc into a johnson's bottle.

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

[quote name='ped' post='340783' date='Nov 29 2008, 09:24 PM']Cool stuff, sounds like a good 'relationship'. I wonder how many basschatters are endorsed?

Cheers
pedro[/quote]

i've just been fortunate enough to get an endorsement from Dean UK.

the package is awesome!!!

TBH probably not a great idea to publish too many details publicly, but there is always a PM button!!

Cheers
pedro[/quote]

I'm lucky enough to be endorsed by Elixir and, although not officially "endorsed" by them, recently got a very good deal on Markbass gear via the UK Distributor, Proel :)

Cheers
Alun

[quote name='umph' post='340978' date='Nov 30 2008, 11:13 AM']nice my experience with vintage basses is that they play amazing and are really cheap but are let don't by the wriring / electronics[/quote]

How long ago did you play one? Now all Vintage stuff comes with Wilkinson hardware, that includes all the electronics. Really good stuff. Theres enough high end without sounding tinny and enough low without sounding muddy.

[quote name='Alun' post='341213' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:24 PM']A guitarist I work with is buting a Vintage Les Paul for his son for Christmas so looking forward to um....assessing it :huh: Just hope he makes it clear he wants the Vintage with the capital V or his mortgage has had it :)[/quote]

Suggest this little beauty.

The V100 Icon. It's inspired by the Les Paul owned by Peter Green/Gary Moore. They had the actual guitar to look at during the design process.
Very good guitar for the money, bucketloads of cool with the relicing too!

Edited by noirpunk

[quote name='acidbass' post='341480' date='Nov 30 2008, 10:28 PM']While we're on the topic of Vintage basses - I don't think I've seen anyone play so many duff notes confidently than the guy demoing the EST96 MM copy that they sell, has anyone seen that video?[/quote]

i cant slap. or do fancy harmonics and tapping stuff.
But he makes me look good! oh yeah, i could sell bass guitars to folks....new career....

[quote name='acidbass' post='341480' date='Nov 30 2008, 10:28 PM']Congrats on the deal :)

While we're on the topic of Vintage basses - I don't think I've seen anyone play so many duff notes confidently than the guy demoing the EST96 MM copy that they sell, has anyone seen that video?[/quote]

That's Gavin, he was the guy who sorted out my endorsement haha.
Really nice guy though.