Why become a member? ×

Reuel's bass travel plan. (Shipping has now been paid for!)

Shockwave

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='339771' date='Nov 28 2008, 03:59 PM']Tenner in from me.

Did Steve manage to speak to Jake without punching him in the face? :) Has Jake contributed to shipping?

I expect Jake to pay us back for this - the actual money can go to charity as far as I'm concerned.[/quote]

Steve felt that he was genuinely sorry (For himself probably but and on the overall situation) and just wanted this over. Steve feels that no action should be taken against jake, And i agree.

Jake claims not to have any money, I believe him. Whether he is likely to pay back the shipping i have no idea that is up to him.

I dont want anyone harrasing jake publicly anymore, or getting the police involved or phoning his family.

This is now about getting the bass to the phillipenes, If you dont want to donate thats fine.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='339772' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:00 PM']If I sell someone a bass can I have a whip-round for whatever associated costs I don't feel like paying?[/quote]

This is not helping. I understand your frustrations.

Edited by Shockwave

Jake is/was claiming poverty for the shipping. And whilst I disagree that my hard earned goes to help that little scrote, I have known Incx for some time through the Warwick forum and want to make sure he actually gets his bass.

I expect Jake to pay us back (especially after that apology) but I'll believe it when I see it.

Let's not forget that Reuel has already paid Jake to ship the bass once already, so claiming poverty is no excuse. I personally think if he was sorry he would have handed over one of his precisions to be auctioned on ebay to pay for this.

Just goes to prove he's not sorry at all IMO

Edited by bassoctopus

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='339780' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:05 PM']Let's not forget that Reuel has already paid Jake to ship the bass once already, so claiming poverty is no excuse. I personally think if he was sorry he would have handed over one of his precisions to be auctioned on ebay to pay for this.

Just goes to prove he's not sorry at all IMO[/quote]

It could be possible that hes sorry but seriously has no money. I am not supporting him in this matter, thankyou very much for the donation its really appreciated, Whatever happens with jake concerning shipping money is up to jake to do.

-Rob.

The kid's only 19 and is in a hole he can't get out of. I couldn't find my own a*** with both hands when I was 19.

Leave him alone to lick his wounds. Pathologising him will make it worse not better. He has to make peace with his own conscience before he can move on and berating him in public will only slow that process down.

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='339789' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:10 PM']The kid's only 19 and is in a hole he can't get out of. I couldn't find my own a*** with both hands when I was 19.

Leave him alone to lick his wounds. Pathologising him will make it worse not better. He has to make peace with his own conscience before he can move on and berating him in public will only slow that process down.[/quote]

I was the Royal Marines youngest ever Troop Commander at 19 Bilbo.

Age is no excuse.

I have been one of the people willing to forgive Jake to some degree. He seriously needs to think about paying for the shipping if he is genuine in his apology and wants any of our respect in even a tiny manner.

Having no money now does not mean he will never have money. When people get fined by the courts they pay a small amount each week or month. Even if he was absolutely skint I don't see why he can't pay this back at £10 a month or so.

On the flip side I wouldn't want him to have to sell his P bass but that would be the right thing to do given he has caused all these problems.

The main thing is that the bass is on its way back to its rightful owner. How Jake responds from now on in will tell us a lot about his intent and character.

Steve

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='339789' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:10 PM']The kid's only 19 and is in a hole he can't get out of. I couldn't find my own a*** with both hands when I was 19.

Leave him alone to lick his wounds. Pathologising him will make it worse not better. He has to make peace with his own conscience before he can move on and berating him in public will only slow that process down.[/quote]

Disagree with this. By excusing his behaviour you are in essence validating it and saying its ok because of his age etc etc.

By all means forgive him but do not excuse him.

Just my opinion. I agree that berating him in public will not help anyone.

Steve

I've lobbed in a tenner too via PayPal

Good work to all who have resolved this. I would like to think that Jake will donate £100 to something BassChat-related when he has funds because until that happens noone will believe that he is even slightly remorseful

[quote name='Shockwave' post='339806' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:22 PM']Just got an update text from steve, [b]Bass looks like its in good condition :)[/b][/quote]

Very very very good news,and I'm glad it is no longer in Jake's possesion,please thank Steve for the Update :huh:

[quote name='sixshooter' post='339808' date='Nov 28 2008, 04:24 PM']I bet you are getting realy excited now![/quote]

so much man!

im so excited with it, that i actually dont think of Jake anymore.

so its kinda weird that some ppl think of him more than i do, when i was the one who got ripped off *lol*

i was also at fault... talking to rob helped me realized that... i was really careless with the transaction as well...

as for Jake... he has two lock threads worth of posts to read and get ideas of what he should do to sort of redeem himself more in the forums.

while i do not want anything to do with Jake anymore... i have to admit, it will really really impress me, if he did something like pay back gman, or donate a significant chunk of money to charity... if he does that, i would believe in his remorse and guilt... and i would gladly send him a card for christmas or something.