Why become a member? ×

How nice when you take on a great dep gig.

leschirons

Depping on Thursday up in Tours and looking at the setlist, I'm actually going to enjoy this one😊

Only playing an hour set but.....the pros

Breakdown & Lowdown Boz Scaggs, Randy's version of Purple rain, Just the two of us (Grover long version) You can leave your hat on, Now that the magic has gone, N'oubliez jamais and With a little help as the sax player does a great Joe Cocker, On the beach Chris Rea, The Ghetto George Benson, Sensa una Madonna, Zucherro  and Europa Santana. This is shaping up to be a very enjoyable gig.

The cons, Moondance and Domino. Guess every good gig has a price😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leschirons said:

It's my Mustang Sally that everyone else moans about. I however, quite like it.

The one and only song that I 100% veto, if I ever hear it when I am out I leave. No idea why It annoys me so much, possibly all the times I have heard it in full on cliche mode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T-Bay said:

The one and only song that I 100% veto, if I ever hear it when I am out I leave. No idea why It annoys me so much, possibly all the times I have heard it in full on cliche mode.

That's me and Moondance.😂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Intentionally?

Well, judging by the musical calibre of the band (dodgy local pub rock band),  I would guess it sounded a bit crap when they first rehearsed it, so they decided to 'gee it up a bit' so then it sounded a bit more crap.........

At least they were in the same key......... 

.............. most of the time...........  😏

1 minute ago, LewisK1975 said:

Recently started helping out a with mate's band, doing 3 or 4 gigs a month for them, and I'm really enjoying it.  Good mix of mostly 80's pop rock, but definitely not your usual pub band fayre.

I'm doing the same, the occasional gig with a mate's band. Lot of Dad rock, but still fun. Helped by having a great drummer who is so easy to lock in with, and everyone's great attitude on the gig. Next one is mid August, looking forward to it already.

1 minute ago, casapete said:

I'm doing the same, the occasional gig with a mate's band. Lot of Dad rock, but still fun. Helped by having a great drummer who is so easy to lock in with, and everyone's great attitude on the gig. Next one is mid August, looking forward to it already.

All true of my situation too, also a nice bunch of blokes who enjoy their gigs and don't take themselves too seriously.

• Like 1

Well, it went great. Added bonus of the best sound guy I've ever met. Perfect mix in 3 minutes and didnt have to tweak anything in the whole set.

The agent was there too and gave them a second gig straight away.

Hopefully, they'll need a bass player for that one too.😂