Why become a member? ×

Schroeder 410L Custom - SOLD

wateroftyne

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='335158' date='Nov 23 2008, 09:23 PM']WoT, can you kindly post a few specs up? Especially the weight?

Thanks[/quote]

Hello!

Of course... lifted straight from the site:

Handling: 1200w RMS, 58lbs (26.5kgs), 23.5" x 23.5" x 16" (it passes Warwickhunt's 'walk through a door while carrying it' test).

It has jack & speakon inputs, and a horn attenuator.

Hope this helps...

Edited by wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='335070' date='Nov 23 2008, 06:42 PM']I'm studying options at the moment and I have an idea of what I'm looking for, but I'm open to trade suggestions before I make my next move. Neos, ceramics, single cabs, pairs... try me...![/quote]

I bet a cab with some 12's would make those Jazz and P Basses sound sweet!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='335179' date='Nov 23 2008, 10:07 PM']Hello!

Handling: 1200w RMS, 58lbs (26.5kgs), 23.5" x 23.5" x 16" (it passes Warwickhunt's '[b]walk through a door while carrying it[/b]' test).

Hope this helps...[/quote]

Indeed it does and in the real world as important (if not more relevant) test, than any manufacturers stats!

Ive heard this gigged and if you think the various more common Schroeder cabs can cut through the mix then you won't be disappointed.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='335179' date='Nov 23 2008, 10:07 PM']Hello!

Handling: 1200w RMS, 58lbs (26.5kgs), 23.5" x 23.5" x 16" (it passes Warwickhunt's 'walk through a door while carrying it' test).

Hope this helps...[/quote]
Thank you. If your research brings you in to the vicinity of Bergantinos, let me know. I have a HT112 and a EX112. I changed from Schroeder single cab to have two cabs so I could just take one small cab with me to gigs with my quiet band, but use both for my loud band. Having left he quiet band, I don't have the same needs anymore and I do like 10"'ers.

[quote]Thank you. If your research brings you in to the vicinity of Bergantinos, let me know. I have a HT112 and a EX112. I changed from Schroeder single cab to have two cabs so I could just take one small cab with me to gigs with my quiet band, but use both for my loud band. Having left he quiet band, I don't have the same needs anymore and I do like 10"'ers.[/quote]

I went for a similar thing. I had a 1210L, which was light, but a bit large and awkward for carrying considering how much power I actually need and how often I needed to move it. I went for the Berg IP112 with an extension cabinet Berg HT115 so I could do the same as B2BMild suggested. However I haven't even unpacked the HT115 as the IP112 on its own is moooore than enough power for most rooms.

Perhaps speak to OldGit as he went from a Schroeder cab to the abovementioned Berg setup (HT + EX + LMK)...

Stunning cabinet by the way, if I wasn't so happy with the Berg combo I'd have made an offer. It looks very impressive with the Mesa head too!

Mark

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='340303' date='Nov 29 2008, 09:47 AM']Hello all!

You can hear some 'raw' clips of this cab on this thread:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32690"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32690[/url][/quote]
I'm still tempted for a swap WoT. It's not that far between Geordie land and Bettysville :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='340374' date='Nov 29 2008, 11:23 AM']I'm still pondering, B2B! I'll be in touch...[/quote]
Thanks WoT. You are welcome to do some A/B testing at my gaffe. Or I'll come to you. I'm a bit like you ...happy with what I got but just wondering about a change!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='346918' date='Dec 6 2008, 12:13 AM']Evenin' all!

I've got my eye on something, so I'm asking £625 shipped in the UK

I forgot to mention that a little bit of the rhino covering has come off the bottom of the cab. It's totally cosmetic, and non-visible during normal use. and Jorg Schroeder is sending me a pot to touch it up. Of course I'll forward it on to the buyer.[/quote]
Seems a bargain. If only you had your eyes on my Bergo's :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='335070' date='Nov 23 2008, 06:42 PM']Hi all

This here cab is 4ohm and about 5 months old. It's a custom order with Fender cloth, and it's the latest series with the new spec speakers and tweeter. It has a padded cover, too. It's my second cab from Jorg, and he's an absolute star.[/quote]

WOW, i remember you getting this and you wouldn't stop going on about it (in a good way:-). I cant believe its now getting sold.

Good luck with it.

I did love it... with my fretted basses it's mint, but... for my fretless (bearing in mind I use flats) I need something that's easier to monitor up close so I can play in tune..!

I'm going to two cabs, to get a bit of height, and something with a 15" in it 'cos I'm old school.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='349066' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:09 PM']I did love it... with my fretted basses it's mint, but... for my fretless (bearing in mind I use flats) I need something that's easier to monitor up close so I can play in tune..!

I'm going to two cabs, to get a bit of height, and something with a 15" in it 'cos I'm old school.[/quote]

Ah right.

What about Steves 21015L? Although i supose its the same height or lower.
I quite fancy that myself although i dont really like 10's

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='349099' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:33 PM']I did consider it, but then I changed my mind for that reason (Sorry, Steve).

I need height, dammit! :)[/quote]
Ever thought of using a flight case? Not only useful for protection; with casters, a flight case will make it easy to move the cab about. But best of all, you can stick the cab on top of it, on stage, for getting that ear-level monitoring. More so, if F.O.H. is delivering most of the bottom end.

I know this has probably been asked a bujilion times, but what kinda sound do you get from this 410 WoT?
Do you find that it lacks bottom, if you're hankering after a 15?

Cheers
Si

p.s.
reckon your '73 jazz would like to play through it again? lol

Hi Si!

It's a very focussed bottom end, and very punchy... everything Schroeder is known for, really. It doesn't lack bottom end as it handles winding up the low EQ with ease, but what it doesn't have is an inherent 'pillow' under each note. It's a tight sound that's a characteristic of 4x10s in general, I think.

If I was in a metal band, a flat-oot rock band or something funk-ay it wouldn't be a miss, as the pillow isn't needed, and would get lost in the mire anyway, but the bands I play in are driven by acoustic guitars so there's space in the sonic spectrum for it.

Also, the tweeter is an integral part of the sound, and I've come to realise recently that I just don't do tweeters. IMO, tweeters and flats don't mix...!

Cheers WoT
I really do need a single cab solution to my two mini Ashdowns, and Schroeder seem to be at the top of my 'interested' pile.
But I seem to be leaning toward the 210212 perhaps, maybe the 410, or maybe the 21012. The playing situations I'm in don't call for that 'pillow' that you talk about, my 'metal' band requires a tight sound because of the low tuning but I still like a bit of arse to my sound if you get my meaning.
Maybe I should consult Jorg.

Cheers
Si