CalDeep

Anyone got the Darkglass Plug-ins yet?!

Alright dudes! I was excited to find that Darkglass have teamed up with Neural to great a Darkglass VMT/B7K Plugin. Anyone got it? Ill be getting the trial next week when I've got time to have a good play. Just wanted to know if anyones got it and has any thoughts? 

Cheers dudes! 

2 friends have it and have both bought it. I've not heard it yet.

1 of them also has Helix Native (which does have the B7K model in it) and is still buying it.

I'm going to try it myself at the weekend.

18 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I wouldn't touch any software that needs iLok with a bargepole.

You don’t need the iLok itself, just the iLok License Manager software.

As a ProTools user, I get the hate for the iLok but sadly also it’s the only way to legitimately run ProTools, unless there are workarounds out there I haven’t bothered looking up.

18 hours ago, BigRedX said:

I wouldn't touch any software that needs iLok with a bargepole.

You don’t need the iLok itself, just the iLok License Manager software.

As a ProTools user, I get the hate for the iLok but sadly also it’s the only way to legitimately run ProTools, unless there are workarounds out there I haven’t bothered looking up.

EDIT: I downloaded the trial and it’s awesome. Instead of running a parallel channel with a bunch of plugins trying to mimic the B7K metal tone, I can drop one instance of the Neural plugin on my bass channel and get the sound I’m looking for. Sounds just like the pedals I’ve heard in tons and tons of videos. I’ve never owned a Darkglass pedal, but I’ll likely buy the plugin for £99.

• Like 1

I have Line 6 Native and will be looking forward to trying the DG plug in out too. I also use the awesome Positive Grid BIAS 2 and BIAS FX apps on my studio box. It'll be interesting to compare!

I normally use a B7K and now recently also a VMTU v2 and after trying out the VMTU-plug during a recording session, I am sold. The sound engineer was super happy too. €99 for the VMTU and B7KU is good value for money. 

I notice Neural have a new plugin for bass - Parallax. 

https://neuraldsp.com/products/parallax/

I'm no fan of Darkglass products really (undoubtedly darkglass based) but this could be a must buy for me! Ticks SO many boxes... 

Edited by Bigwan
  • Like 2

I've been using and have reviewed the DarkGlass Ultra (which I think will be out in an up coming issue soon). It is very good indeed, but like Bigwan, the announcement that Parallax has landed has me very interested as it seems to encompass lots of "building blocks" that I have been using in my rack set ups and more recently smaller gear configurations for well over 20 years!

• Like 1

On 29/06/2019 at 17:16, Bigwan said:

I notice Neural have a new plugin for bass - Parallax. 

https://neuraldsp.com/products/parallax/

I'm no fan of Darkglass products really (undoubtedly darkglass based) but this could be a must buy for me! Ticks SO many boxes... 

Did you get Parallax? I did.... Absolute game changer. 

Just now, Bigwan said:

I did... And Nolly... And Abassi... 

I see. You got royally Nueralised. Its infectious. Nolly is utterly incredible. 

10 minutes ago, CalDeep said:

I see. You got royally Nueralised. Its infectious. Nolly is utterly incredible. 

Alas I'm not enough of a guitar player to truly take do it justice! 

I might have to get a couple of the demos to see what the fuss is about. I've got a great pair of monitors and a halfway decent interface so this could be fun.

43 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I might have to get a couple of the demos to see what the fuss is about. I've got a great pair of monitors and a halfway decent interface so this could be fun.

They're so good they prompted me to upgrade my audio interface so I could enjoy them with lower latency than my old USB2 one could manage...

• Like 1

Focusrite Clarett2Pre Thunderbolt. No latency any more here!

• Like 1

An update to my previous post: I have now recorded reviews of the Darkglass Ultra plug-in and Parallax. I don't think the Parallax review is live yet though.  Both are excellent plug-ins!!!

On 09/01/2020 at 19:28, Dood said:

An update to my previous post: I have now recorded reviews of the Darkglass Ultra plug-in and Parallax. I don't think the Parallax review is live yet though.  Both are excellent plug-ins!!!

Link?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dave84
      When such a simple bass line is also pretty damn fun to play at the same time ... 

played with Epiphone Thunderbird Classic Pro

• By milesBguitar
      4 pedal for sale
      All images below, there is no velcro on any of these pedals. All prices include P&P.
      3Leaf Enabler - £190
      The Enabler is an EQ/D.I./Headphone Amp Hand-built in Seattle, Washington, USA. Its is a great bit of kit and is built like a tank.In very good condition. 
      Darkglass Vintage Microtubes - £100
      USA Made version of this pedal. The Microtubes Vintage is a tribute to some of the most legendary sounds in rock history. It provides warm tube-like tones with a natural dynamic response that echoes the organic compression of old tube amps and reel-to-reel tape machines. Used condition but well cared for.
      Empress Compressor - £190
      Really great compressor pedal and would be keeping it has I not got a Stomp. Like new condition. Comes with manual and original box. Blurb from website below.
      All Analog Signal Path - no digitals in here! Extremely Transparent - Add dynamic control without altering the original tone of your instrument 3 Compression Ratios - 2:1, 4:1 and 10:1 ratios offer lots of flexibility Attack and Release Control - allows for ultimate control over the compression characteristics Mix - Blend uncompressed signal in with the compressed signal for parallel compression, New York Style! Metering - Meter either gain reduction, input, or both. True Display LEDs - Bright multi-color LEDs always let you know what the Compressor is doing. Bass - Works great on bass! True Bypass - The Empress Compressor employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged. Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit. Beautiful Case - It has a sparkle you can't deny TC Spectra Comp - £20
      So this pedal works in respect that it works as a compressor as advertised, however there are faults which I have been told can be fixed but would cost. The power point is intermittent if fiddled with and for some reason I have only been able to beam one toneprint to it. I do not have the USB cable that comes it was supplied with. I got this from eBay and stupidly did not check it worked for over a month as life got in the way. In very good condition aesthetically.

• By Dood
      Up for sale is a pair of award winning top-of-the-range Mackie Studio Monitors. THX certified - and you won't need an additional sub!
      These have been in my "studio" space providing big sounds for both the enjoyment of music and whilst I am teaching. They are used and there are marks around the cabinets where they have been moved from one house to another.
      I've never needed to push them (due to working from home and can't wake the kids etc etc). The only foible I know about these speakers is that one  doesn't drop in to "sleep" mode - i.e. powering down when they haven't been used for an extended period. But that's super fine as the on/off switch is on the front of the cabinet anyway!

Now, they ARE boxed up in a proper Mackie shipping carton ready to go after coming off my desk this morning. However I would strongly recommend collection. especially at this price. These things are +£600 EACH at online prices. The pair for £400 - Bank Transfer or Cash on collection.
      If you must have them shipped, I will recommend a courier but arranging is for you - As I say, collection is recommended but if you must, then shipping is your responsibility. Look at them beautiful cones! They're all fragile and everything!!!!

These things sound blooming lovely and have helped me record bass for more than one album.

https://mackie.com/products/hrmk2-series-professional-studio-monitors

CURVES
      ZERO-EDGE BAFFLE™
      The one-piece cast aluminum Zero Edge Baffle™ features precisely engineered curvature that minimizes diffraction for a crystal clear image of your mix, and effectively controls sound waves so you get detailed lows, full, articulate mids, and shimmering highs.
      POWER
      PRECISION AMPLIFICATION
      The HRmk2 Series monitors contain separate onboard amplifiers for each driver, plus onboard active crossovers and time-correction circuitry, which helps ensure highs and lows reach your ears at the same time. The HRmk2s also have protection circuitry built in to protect from damaging input levels. 
      CRAFTSMANSHIP
      UNPARALLELED QUALITY
      We go to elaborate lengths to ensure each HRmk2 sounds as good as our experts intended. Each one we manufacture is subject to rigorous testing and pre-screening during the production process, then calibrated and tuned with an environmentally controlled test chamber before final packaging.

WOOD
      CABINET DESIGN
      The HRmk2 monitors feature a wood cabinet, with custom internal bracing to increase its strength and rigidity in desired locations. To absorb internal reflections and dampen standing waves inside the cabinet, an open-cell adiabatic foam material is placed strategically inside the box

NDICATE
      POWER AND OVERLOAD LED
      Our LED power indicator is a tasty shade of white and red for when things get pushed a little too hard. We took care to make sure the brightness is just right, too. The light shines bright enough so you can see it just fine in a well-lit room, and in a dark environment, it won’t distract or blind you.
    • By paul_5
      Back story - I've just replaced the motherboard in my MacBook Pro and was in the process of reinstalling all of my plugins when my system crashed and I had to reinstall the OS from scratch.

During the first bout of maintenance I'd recovered the licenses from Waves Central, as they'd disappeared from my system in the interim - don't know how or why.
      When I tried to relicense them after the OS reinstall I was told that they were 'not recoverable', as I'd already recovered them once - to the HDD that crashed and was wiped. 
      I emailed tech support and had this response:
      "As you already used the License Recovery option once this year, and our company policy allows only one license recovery per year, I would like to forward a request to our higher management.  Note that I will be able to forward the request only for the licenses that are covered by the Waves Update Plan coverage.  To forward this, please provide me with the following: The reason why the first License Recovery took place. The reason why you need to use the License Recovery again.  Any proof of purchase for the new Logic Board such as invoice/receipt.   As only your version 11 licenses are covered by the Waves Update Plan, once you will renew Waves Update Plan coverage for your version 9 and 10 licenses, you will be eligible for updating it to the latest version.  This will register a new V11 license to your account with one license recovery option to the license.  Once renewing the Waves Update Plan, please refer to our Install & Activate Products article and follow the steps provided to install your new version 11 plugins."     So basically it'll cost me $240 to update my licenses to the current version, and then I have to essentially beg for my licenses.   I'd be interested to know other BCers thoughts on this, as it feels like I'm having to buy them again, and it feels like customers who play by the rules, and purchase licenses are being punished for the actions of others who pirate software.  
    • By Slug Ice
      Tech 21 SH1 Steve Harris Sansamp - £300
      Brand new with box, minimal home use. Two channel preamp with built-in tuner. Very versatile but maiden fans would be very pleased! Save a decent chunk on a new one. 

Darkglass Alpha Omega - £230
      Versatile overdrive/distortion with the ability to blend between two different voices. With original box. 

Can deliver or meet up within a reasonable distance or arrange postage at buyers expense.