Why become a member? ×

NBD - Surf Green Sandberg California PM4

Deedee

Thought I’d share my bit of Surf Green joy on this wet and miserable Monday 😁.

Saw this on a well known auction site and fell in love at first sight but unfortunately the seller was miles away.  Now I like a drive as much as the next gas head, but this would have been about 4 hours each way.  Step forward the extremely helpful seller (the original and only owner) who offered to meet me halfway.  

Met him at the weekend and I’m certainly not disappointed with the bass, it really is in unmarked condition.  A 2006 model according to the Sandberg website, the bass came with the original gig bag, tag showing the woods and serial number, Allen keys and even a spare pre-amp (apparently this was a sweetener to the owner as the original delivery from Sandberg was delayed for some reason).

It’s a weighty beast but that’s good for me as I do like to know I’m wearing something when I play it.  I’d say it’s a similar weight to the poplar or ash Stingrays I’ve had previously.

Plays beautifully and has a great range of powerful tones.  I’m loving the split coil in both active and passive, but I’m also pleasantly surprised by the tone with both pickups on together.  Very punchy sound with added oomph!

All in all the first impressions of my first sandy are very good indeed 😁

CB178563-CA70-491A-9348-4EA80C57CF1F.jpeg

051A40B4-4D09-401A-86B1-CE7B67AB3673.jpeg

3A19A77F-B798-4B27-9F83-5E0176E7C1A4.jpeg

23A0C8F8-506F-4F49-ADE4-F7F3660BD595.jpeg

Edited by Deedee
  • Like 4