Why become a member? ×

Tried to buy this...

Why doesn't he want to sell? Just because he won't do what you want? Perhaps he's just wary. Selling music gear is a minefield. I usually insist on collection by the buyer unless I receive cash from the person who collects. Try offering him that and see.

Appears to be an abandoned project that's had a lot of work put into it - stripped & looks like an oil refin, new hardware, very nice looking wooden control cover. Wonder why it's been abandoned?

I had one of these which would've been lovely aside from two things - the neck was twisted, and the  bridge (standard BBOT) was unadjustably high & would have had to be routed into the body to lower it enough to be properly playable. The pickups, on the other hand, sounded great.

Wonder if it's my old one? :ph34r:

Branded Kay, made by Cort. Cort did a whole bunch of guitars & basses based around that through-neck template, all identifiable by the (rather sexy) triple dot brass inlays. These turn up branded Cort (obviously) but with plenty of other names - Targa, D'Agostino & Lotus are three that spring to mind.

Speaking of which, I'd love to add one of these to my collection of neck-divey, symmetrical body, single-P basses that I never play:

t35v.thumb.JPG.ce7febd2f94a5f94b53829e1f3cb23cf.JPG

Cor(t) blimey!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Branded Kay, made by Cort. Cort did a whole bunch of guitars & basses based around that through-neck template, all identifiable by the (rather sexy) triple dot brass inlays. These turn up branded Cort (obviously) but with plenty of other names - Targa, D'Agostino & Lotus are three that spring to mind.

Cheers - good info !

On 4/3/2018 at 20:42, TheGreek said:

..but the seller (Stoke on Trent) will not post/courier under any circumstances. No Third Party collections either.

TBH I don't think he wants to sell.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Guitar-Cort-Kay-through-neck/222906879343?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I couldve picked it up for you

1 hour ago, fleabag said:

I think the  " No Third Party Collection "  bit negates that idea

I think that's to prevent complicated situations where one person pays online but another collects etc... However if TheGreek sends money to Third Party while telling the seller "I'm coming round tomorrow to collect and pay in cash", and Third Party shows up "Hi, I'm TheGreek, here's the money, can I have the bass please?"... that should be no problem, surely.

• Like 1