Why become a member? ×

What CDs have you bought lately?

mcgraham

i cant really buy cd's regularly anymore but in the last month or so ive bought a few cd's these include:

always and forever-the best of heatwave (great music, im still trying to get the album current on cd help?)
jamiroquai-emergency on planet earth (fantastic album, loved if since i was young, great grooves, jamiroquai will never be the same without zender)
level 42-the retroglide tour live (my fave band, always has been since i was a baby lol, quite a good double live cd, although the bass tone isnt really for me its a bit thin if im honest, i love the waltz for dwan piece on it though :huh:)

and thats about it to be honest...

i can start buying again soon though because ive got a job in sainsburys :) :huh: :huh:

over and out

marcus

[quote name='Clarky' post='342506' date='Dec 1 2008, 11:04 PM']Mentioned it on the Clash songbook thread but "Live in Shea Stadium" is a corker - all their best songs (well nearly all) on one well-played, up-tempo live CD[/quote]

If only Topper had been 'fit' to play...still at least it was Tory Crimes and not some session player :)

Edited by thebeat

Not a cd but a dvd, My freshly ordered from the states
Kings x - Gretchen goes to london, live at the astoria 1990 dvd arrived this morning
& the best news yet - Kings x are touring europe & are in the uk in Jan 09.

Guess what i'm requesting for xmas :)

Edited by Bernmeister

[quote name='YouMa' post='342546' date='Dec 1 2008, 11:52 PM']I reckon a lot of the clash records wasnt them.No one will hear me though.[/quote]

Well Give Em Enough Rope was ropey ('scuse the pun) enough to believe that...escpecially as Sandy Pearlman was producing it :)

Visited the folks last weekend, and as usual took a bass over and had a session with my Dad (he plays the organ). Afterwards couldn't get "Getting Sentimental Over You" out of my head, so on Tuesday lunchtime popped out of the office in search of a Tommy Dorsey CD. Music shops round here are a bit crap, and I didn't find it. Instead came away with the new Bellowhead CD (Xmas prezzie for [s]myself[/s] my other half) and a Columbia Jazz profiles CD of Duke Ellington, which kicks off with a storming (1960?) version of "Take The 'A' Train" that I'd never heard before. So now I can't get that out of my head either. Rats. :)

Edited by Earbrass