Why become a member? ×

Sometimes a heavy bass is no bad thing.....

Graham

Just saw this on the Lakland Facebook page, the bassist for Jason Aldean the country act who was shot at in Vegas last year got their kit back from the police and found a bullet lodged in his 55-94 😮

It must just bring it all back, how close the band were to being murdered along with so many others.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, skidder652003 said:

That was extremely lucky but I'd imagine it was possibly a deflection? There's no way a wooden guitar a  couple of inches thick would stop an automatic assault rifle round

I think you're probably right there.

32 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I didn't know TK played a Lakland bass. He's renown for only playing Sadowsky basses.

Stray or deflection, he's a lucky chap to be playing this one that night. As JA says, solid body with no chambering as the NYC Sadowskys are. 

On the post Lakland said they'd only just sent the bass to him before the gig, so was probably one of the first few times he'd used it.

3 hours ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Good selling point for Lakland? :)

Well, not really - I did think when reading the transcript and the singer was saying how heavy and thick the bass was, if you want a light bass, don't buy a US Lakland 🤣

11 hours ago, skidder652003 said:

That was extremely lucky but I'd imagine it was possibly a deflection? There's no way a wooden guitar a  couple of inches thick would stop an automatic assault rifle round

I think this should be added to all guitar specs - bullet survivability. And truss rod conversions to rifle barrels.