Why become a member? ×

Sold: Fender 2003-4 MIM Precision P-bass, SD SPB-3 pups
£325

Grangur

Hi there,

I just know I'm going to regret this. This is a nice bass. I've spent a lot of happy hours playing this bass. It's in deep-dark red with a tort pickguard and a Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quarter pound pickup.

The neck is rosewood with some lovely grain and I can let the new owner have a Fender soft case with this one.

Electrics - all the compartments are copper lined. I replaced the pots with CTS linear pots and used an Orange-drop cap. The bridge is earthed and it sounds really good IMHO.

The only reason for selling is that the world is full of beautiful basses. I want to cull the collection and find that single (or maybe 2) bass(s) that is the ultimate and really get on with a more simple life.... OK, don't we all?

Not looking for any trades, thanks.

I'm in Bishops Stortford (Think Stansted Airport), so if your near, you can come and try it. I also travel about in the south half of the country so I might be able to drop it in to you. I can post it too if required.

oh, yes. This also has added genuine Mojo. As you can see in the pictures. There's other minor dinks and scrapes too. If you'd like more pictures, then let me know.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='Gottastopbuyinggear' timestamp='1507205154' post='3383896']
That is indeed called Midnight Wine - I have a Mexican Strat (shhh, don't tell anyone on here - it's a guitar!) from 2003 in that colour.
[/quote]
[quote name='ead' timestamp='1507212175' post='3383965']
OK your secret is safe with me, I won't mention the [size=8][b]guitar[/b][/size] to anybody :ph34r:
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]How DARE you mention such things on my nice BASS thread!?!?!?!?!?![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I feel all dirty now. [/font][/color] :([color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

More info added:

[quote name=]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Electrics - all the compartments are copper lined. I replaced the pots with CTS linear pots and used an Orange-drop cap. The bridge is earthed and it sounds really good IMHO.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The only reason for selling is that the world is full of beautiful basses. I want to cull the collection and find that single (or maybe 2) bass(s) that is the ultimate and really get on with a more simple life.... OK, don't we all?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='crag42' timestamp='1507215616' post='3383995']
I'd be all over this but I'm currently around £100 short at min.. ill keep an eye on this in the hope I can find some more spare cash.
[/quote]
Pleased you like it. If you're near, but need a reasonable waiting time, I can hold for you.

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1507041096' post='3382951']
The only reason for selling is that the world is full of beautiful basses. I want to cull the collection and find that single (or maybe 2) bass(s) that is the ultimate and really get on with a more simple life.... OK, don't we all?

[/quote]

Really Rich? Settle down and retire with THE One, pipe, slippers and no more GAS? Are you listening to yourself? :) You know that's not how it works.
Like your carpet...

Edited by lownote12

[quote name='lownote12' timestamp='1507224618' post='3384077']
Really Rich? Settle down and retire with THE One, pipe, slippers and no more GAS? Are you listening to yourself? :) You know that's not how it works.
Like your carpet...
[/quote]

Thanks. You wanna see the pair of slippers I picked up in M&S... REALLY nice. :D

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1507227296' post='3384110']

I saw that. I meant if you've not got too much to save up and not too far off, in time, from getting there.
[/quote]

Doh!!

I won't let you keep it just for me mate just incase it takes me a while to raise the rest of the funds. But if it's still available when I have then I'll deffo be back in touch

Craig

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1507041096' post='3382951']

.....The only reason for selling is that the world is full of beautiful basses......

[/quote]

Yes, I agree - but I think this is one of them!
Why is this beautiful bass still here? and at that price :o

I really don't need another bass.....I really don't need another bass..... I really don't need another bass..... I really don't need another bass.....
If I keep saying this, I may not be tempted ;) lol

Someone buy this now, please....