Why become a member? ×

North East Bass Bash - NEBB - 27th Nov

bassoctopus

Just wondering whereabouts in Blyth the rehearsal rooms are? When I lived at home (left in 84) we practised in St Mary's church hall or the old 1st blyth scout hut before they bulldozed that whole area to make way for the keel row car park. I can let you know next time 'm coming down to see the folks and I could bring my navigator / qsc rig down for you to try out - you'd need your own speakers though. Can't make it next week sadly - gigging in edinburgh.

[quote name='jacko' post='333601' date='Nov 21 2008, 07:44 AM']Just wondering whereabouts in Blyth the rehearsal rooms are? When I lived at home (left in 84) we practised in St Mary's church hall or the old 1st blyth scout hut before they bulldozed that whole area to make way for the keel row car park. I can let you know next time 'm coming down to see the folks and I could bring my navigator / qsc rig down for you to try out - you'd need your own speakers though. Can't make it next week sadly - gigging in edinburgh.[/quote]

The MyBigBedroom rehearsal rooms are in a unit on The Kitty Brewster Trading Est. but the bash will be at my workplace as it'll accommodate the gear and numbers better. We'll try and give a bit more notice for the next shindig, though they aren't HUGE big events just mates getting together to try stuff out. :)

[quote name='jacko' post='333731' date='Nov 21 2008, 11:34 AM']You could always come up to edinburgh to hear mine at full blast ;-) alternatively, isn't there a guitar guitar in the newgate centre in newcastle? The one up here is an Eden stockist.[/quote]

There is and I know the manager. However he has nothing in stock and I'm loathed to ask him to ship one down from Glasgow as I will likely buy in the States when I'm over for Christmas, and probably second hand. I rarely ever buy new gear.

I'm up in Edinburgh quite often so I'll have to try one there. I'm not one for making an amp decision in a shop though.

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='333734' date='Nov 21 2008, 11:43 AM']There is and I know the manager. However he has nothing in stock and I'm loathed to ask him to ship one down from Glasgow as I will likely buy in the States when I'm over for Christmas, and probably second hand. I rarely ever buy new gear.

I'm up in Edinburgh quite often so I'll have to try one there. I'm not one for making an amp decision in a shop though.[/quote]

Check that Eden are dual voltage before you buy in the states, otherwise you'll end up lugging a big step down transformer with you everwhere :)

[quote name='Monz' post='333712' date='Nov 21 2008, 11:09 AM']Got room for a little un from Yorkshire

Might not be able to get there for the kick off but deffo there for 7.30 ish

my gear is in the sig[/quote]

No worries about arriving late but I do have to stress that kicking out time will have to be 21:00.

I'll PM folks my Mobile number and the address/post code after the weekend then I can hit everybody with the same mail-shot rather than loads of random PMs

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='333988' date='Nov 21 2008, 05:12 PM']No worries about arriving late but I do have to stress that kicking out time will have to be 21:00.

I'll PM folks my Mobile number and the address/post code after the weekend then I can hit everybody with the same mail-shot rather than loads of random PMs[/quote]

Mr. Hunt,

Thanks for organising this. I'm looking forward to meeting the faces behind the posts.

Steve

[quote name='Ba55me15ter' post='334420' date='Nov 22 2008, 02:32 PM']Arse. Would've loved to make it along but I think I'm committed to seeing Skellig at the Sage that night.
Jez.[/quote]

I wouldn't worry, as soon as WoT or I have a big enough build up of GAS we'll organise another. :)

Still can't believe that this started with Neil wanting to try an Eden and it's the one amp that'll NOT be there!

I've PM'd address and mob number to all those who've shown interest for this shindig. If I've missed anyone, I apologise, just PM me and I'll sort it out.

Look forward to seeing peeps on Thursday. Oh and wear a decent T-shirt/blouse as WoT's kindly agreed to snap a few pics and possibly shoot a bit of vid for youtube. :)

Can't believe this, completely floored by a nasty flu bug this week, so looks like I'm going to miss the NEBB which was set up for me.

Doh!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys - unless I make a miraculous recovery I won't be there.

Thanks for setting this up for me WH

I've organised many forum things and know how annoying it is when people drop out of this kind of thing, so really annoyed that I'm the one dropping out. :) Sorry.

Edited by bassoctopus

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='335629' date='Nov 24 2008, 04:50 PM']Oh and wear a decent T-shirt/blouse ........... :huh:[/quote]

Are you calling me a big girls blouse? I'll see you tomorrow night Mr Organiser :)

:huh:

[quote name='bassoctopus' post='338039' date='Nov 27 2008, 07:55 AM']:ph34r:[/quote]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='338045' date='Nov 27 2008, 08:06 AM']Whoooaaahh.... I thought tonight was a bass bash, not an ass bash!

:huh:[/quote]

Ah b*ll*cks... that's Friday night isn't it. :huh:

Can folks remember to bring a guitar stand. There may be a few basses kicking about (not quite literally I hope) and I'd hate anyone to go resting one against a table or chair for it to slide horizontal. :)