Why become a member? ×

Cedar topped Jazz bass fiasco

edstraker123

I quite like the look of this and was tempted yesterday

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-Cedar-Jazz-Bass-/122682757421?hash=item1c9076512d:g:VqgAAOSwoRBZqq4-"]http://www.ebay.co.u...qgAAOSwoRBZqq4-[/url]

I emailed the seller asking for scale, string spacing ,weight etc. and got no response which put me off.

The neck looks nice but doesn't really match the body colour wise and I've got doubts over the wooden bridge.

Convince me either way !

Edited by edstraker123

Thought about listing on the forum,but didn't think it would generate much interest to be honest,as it's personalised to what I wanted(did want),so decided eBay was a better bet for a sale,that said first time I listed it,had plenty of watcher,but no bids,I reduced it to nearly half price,so see how that goes,if that fails I may break it for parts???,let this be a cautionary tale!!,

Agreed to buy bass off seller - made arrangements for collection at a service station- drove 50 minutes to pick it up got there and had received text to say he'd sold it on ebay, Texted and called and got no response so drove home. What a complete waste of a night. I didn't bid on ebay thinking I'd save him having to pay fees. A valuable lesson learnt,

[quote name='edstraker123' timestamp='1504817363' post='3367618']
Agreed to buy bass off seller - made arrangements for collection at a service station- drove 50 minutes to pick it up got there and had received text to say he'd sold it on ebay, Texted and called and got no response so drove home. What a complete waste of a night. I didn't bid on ebay thinking I'd save him having to pay fees. A valuable lesson learnt,
[/quote]

That's what the feedback forum is for mate, hit him hard