Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR basses

Woodinblack

Thinking I maybe should have bought the SR1300 rather tha1305 ?

Don't know whether to try and swap it, sell it, or persevere and try and buy another. I was going to use the 1305 with a GK3B pickup and Boss SY-1000.

Edited by 2pods
GP-10 no longer available

I have one of those too, although it is one of those 'sentimental not going anywhere' basses, even though I rarely play it.

I might have to get rid of my SR2605 though, as if I get the 1505, its almost the same colour and I really will need to cut down :/

On 02/03/2020 at 13:08, 2pods said:

Thinking I maybe should have bought the SR1300 rather tha1305 ?

Well, down to whether you want a 4 or a 5 I guess.

On 02/03/2020 at 13:08, 2pods said:

Don't know whether to try and swap it, sell it, or persevere and try and buy another. I was going to use the 1305 with a GK3B pickup and Boss SY-1000.

Is there a reason you can't do that?

I think it's just because it's my first 5 string and I'm not used to it.

I've had a lot of Ibby basses. From the original small bodied SRs, to a 1300PM, and a neck through Prestige (which was curiously bland sounding 🤯) as well a 25th Anni Stingray, just for a change but they've all been 4 string.

I'm a bit worried about the Roland pickup's double sided tape marking the finish in case I really don't get on with the 1305. Obviously my 30th Anni is far too pretty to install the GK3 on 😉

Congrats!! I very nearly bought that bass off Paul myself! They really are superb basses.

You've caught the bug** haven't you? You'll soon be surpassing my modest hoard of 3 Ibbys and Woody's stash of 6,359 which he keeps in a shed together with 6 months' loo roll and tinned bean supplies 😁

**Ibanez not the OTHER one...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 28mistertee said:

So only a couple of weeks later I’ve now found my second SR. An 1805 Premium bought from @Wilco of this parish. Over the moon with these two.

ED8FA9F5-AC3E-48EC-AF53-495E9FC39D5A.jpeg

Knew you’d love it Mark - it’s a brilliant example of an Ibby SR & goes perfectly with your other one. Great to meet you earlier today too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Congrats!! I very nearly bought that bass off Paul myself! They really are superb basses.

You've caught the bug** haven't you? You'll soon be surpassing my modest hoard of 3 Ibbys and Woody's stash of 6,359 which he keeps in a shed together with 6 months' loo roll and tinned bean supplies 😁

**Ibanez not the OTHER one...

3 Ibby’s? Mrs Tee may have something to say about that, although I’ve smuggled 2 past in the last fortnight. The GAS is cured for now although I’d never say never to a third (they’re that good) 😊

1 hour ago, Wilco said:

Knew you’d love it Mark - it’s a brilliant example of an Ibby SR & goes perfectly with your other one. Great to meet you earlier today too!

Cheers Paul, over the moon with it mate thanks again 😊

Oh wise SR members - I want to pick your brains.

I haven't really tried or played an Ibby in years since I have thought of them as a bit boring if I'm honest but I tried an SR305E today when testing the new headless model.

I was surprised by how much I liked the tones I could get out of the PowerPan pickups and I liked the tight spacing. Not such a fan of the burst colour and the black is a bit boring too so my question is this:

Which 5 string SR(past or present) would be similar to the current SR305E but comes in something other then black?

Ta!

the 305 has come in many colours over the years. Most models (except the 505) have. In fact the current lineup has 3 different colours of 305s. Then there is the 375, which there is a current thread on, and the 405, which has a few burst colours.

• Like 1

Alas, I just can't get on with the Premium 1305. So it must go or be swopped for a nice Ibby 4 string to go with my Premium SR30th Anniversary which is going nowhere

Mind you, finding somebody wanting to do that up here is a tall order, but I'm just not getting on with 5 strings.

20200127_143859.jpg

Edited by 2pods
speelling ;-)

On 23/03/2020 at 17:10, 2pods said:

Alas, I just can't get on with the Premium 1305. So it must go or be swopped for a nice Ibby 4 string to go with my Premium SR30th Anniversary which is going nowhere

Lovely looking bass. If I didn't already have my glut of 5 string SRs I would be looking for something like that. But as it is, I am not short of a couple!

There is a 4 string version on ebay, but unfortunately would have to sell this first.

I'll take more pics and advertise it on here as per.

Other half is now giving me the "I told you so" about me and five strings 😖