Why become a member? ×

Outstanding! ZZ Top - LaGrange on Korean Fretless Zither

skankdelvar

I've encountered this girl before on my Youtube meanderings. Wouldn't be my first choice of listening material, but she does seem to be very good at it - as if I would know! :rolleyes:

Dunno if you noticed BTW, but the credits include a 'thankyou' to Rich. Is that our Rich? I think we should be told.

While I'm here, it's good to see you around the place again. If I may say so your presence has been sorely missed of late - by me at least.

*Dons 'Mr. Pedantic' cap*

Actually they're all variations on a zither. So, um, everybody's right. :)

That said, she seems to:

i) have a lot of them; and

ii) know how to play them

which makes it kind of odd that she wouldn't know what they're called in her own country... just sayin...

Edited by leftybassman392

I used the term fretless Korean zither in the thread title because the esoteric nature of the word 'gayageum' would have had people assuming it was about playing La Grange on a vegetable. e.g

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1499423757' post='3331466']
Yes, but different , and without the hammers ... anyway it's time to go and water my radishes and gayageums which are looking quite floriferous (?) this year ... which might be bad because too many flowers take all the growth away from the roots and that's the bit of the gayageum that you eat ... braised in butter with a garnish of parsley ( :mellow:
[/quote]

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1499445805' post='3331655']
... and even the parsley is wilting in this heat. What are we to eat, eh..? And there's me, partial to a nice shamisen pie. :(
[/quote]

Y'know, all this talk of braised gayageum and shamisen pie has got me thinking about dinner.

In any event, if people keep suggesting the thread title contains a terminological inexactitude I shall re-purpose it as 'XXX Hot Korean Chick Strums On Her Gayageum XXX'.