Why become a member? ×

Little Mark falling apart ?

MarshallBTB

My LM250 Blackline has scratchy pots. I should probably dust more often :)

moving them cw and ccw a few times usually fixes the problem.

best customer service I ever got was when my friend's sister was Deputy Commissioner of Consumer and Business Affairs.

"really? I'll just see what my friend Judy says, you know Judy? Deputy Commissioner for Consumer Affairs? , oh you WILL refund me? why thank you very much"

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1496795604' post='3313944'] I'm so sorry, checked the amp then nipped to the pub to make a couple of business calls- never really made it back! Visually, the front panel looks like brushed aluminium painted black. Temperature-wise it's very cold to the touch suggesting the same, but tapping with a pen sounds like it might be a kind of plastic, or just a thicker ali than the other panels. Very hard to tell, to be honest, although​ no signs of failure whatsoever. As I expected to be home sooner I didn't check the LMII! Glad you got a favourable response from the distributor, will you get a replacement or move on to something else? [/quote]
The LMII is metal, the same as the rear.

If/when I get a refund I will go for something similar, just bought elsewhere!

Probably a LM3, the 'tube' in this one adds a little something but live I prefered to keep it on the solid state side anyway, sounded clearer to me.

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1496795604' post='3313944']
I'm so sorry, checked the amp then nipped to the pub to make a couple of business calls- never really made it back!

Visually, the front panel looks like brushed aluminium painted black. Temperature-wise it's very cold to the touch suggesting the same, but tapping with a pen sounds like it might be a kind of plastic, or just a thicker ali than the other panels. Very hard to tell, to be honest, although​ no signs of failure whatsoever. As I expected to be home sooner I didn't check the LMII!

Glad you got a favourable response from the distributor, will you get a replacement or move on to something else?
[/quote]

GAK still on the defensive and refusing to let me return it.
They've offered to pay for the front plate replacement, but also given me a 2-3 week ETA. No good as I need the amp for gigs. A friend has suggested complaining about the service on social media. Not really what I want to do but I guess it's getting to that stage.

GAK still on the defensive and refusing to let me return it.
They've offered to pay for the front plate replacement, but also given me a 2-3 week ETA. No good as I need the amp for gigs. A friend has suggested complaining about the service on social media. Not really what I want to do but I guess it's getting to that stage.

Unless Gak are feeling generous, its unlikely you will get a refund. Their obligations under consumer protection is to provide a repair, but as you have had the amp for more than 30 days, not a replacement or refund. Social Media is not a bad idea, and if you bought with a credit card, the credit card company is jointly liable

[b] 30-day right to reject[/b]

Under the Consumer Rights Act you have a legal right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund - as long as you do this quickly.
This right is limited to 30 days from the date you buy your product. After 30 days, you will not be legally entitled to a full refund if your item develops a fault, although some sellers may offer you an extended refund period.
This right to a refund doesn't apply to products you've bought as downloads, though - such as music, games or apps.

If you are outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described.
You can state your preference, but the retailer can normally choose whichever would be cheapest or easier for it to do.
If the attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful, you can then claim a refund or a price reduction if you wish to keep the product.
You're entitled to a full or partial refund instead of a repair or replacement if any of the following are true:[list]
[*]the cost of the repair or replacement is disproportionate to the value of the goods or digital content
[*]a repair or replacement is impossible
[*]a repair or replacement would cause you significant inconvenience
[*]the repair would take an unreasonably long amount of time.
[/list]
If a repair or replacement is not possible, or the attempt at repair fails, or the first replacement also turns out to be defective, you have a further right to receive a refund of up to 100% of the price you paid, or to reject the goods for a full refund.
If you don't want a refund and still want your product repaired or replaced, you have the right to request that the retailer makes further attempts at a repair or replacement.
Use our step-by-step guide if you want to ask a retailer to [url="http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-get-a-faulty-product-replaced-or-repaired"]repair or replace something you've bought[/url] that subsequently develops a fault.

Looks like a return / exchange isn't going to happen.
The replacement front plate has been ordered, maybe 2/3 weeks until thats available then I will be sending it off for repair. GAK have offered to cover this as this particular repair isn't covered by the warrenty apparently.
So I will end up without the amp in the middle of my main bands busiest period, but the inconvenience isn't taken into account according to GAK.
I guess it's a solution, it's just disappointing that it's taken this long.

Edited by MarshallBTB

Do Markbass still offer the "Emergency backup" service? Having a google & I don't see it. :(

If GAK ain't playing ball, let MarkBass know on here...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2359467951/

I've seen them step in a few times.

Can I just say firstly that 100% under the law you are entitled to replacement goods or your money back if the goods are defective. The seller in this case GAK is entitled t a reasonable opportunity to repair the goods and return them to you. The operative word is reasonable.

You bought these goods in the UK you did not order them specially from overseas. I they cannot effect the repair in the UK this is not reasonable.

The Sale of Goods Act is clear. You are entitled to goods which are fit for purpose and are of merchantable quality.

GAK must honour the law. They are banking on you not knowing your rights because overseas returns hit their profit margin and cashflow.

When people are unreasonable to me I get unreasonable back. In short you need to go in the store and shout. Yes shout loudly. No swearing just keep saying that you are being conned, that they are refusing to give you your money back. If the demand you leave sit on the floor and keep shouting whilst the shop empties. Keep shouting until they bring you new boxed one or give you your money back. You are dong nothing wrong. Have someone in store recording on a phone.

They will probably get snotty, so record it. I you don't get your way, leave and come back an hour later. Once you have emptied the shop 2 or 3 times, they will give you that replacement.

I have done this many times. It always,always works.