Why become a member? ×

What type of metal genre is this?

SH73

https://soundcloud.com/user-527099495/inverse-evolution-master-bcjazz

I composed this song for April composition challange but can't decide what metal category it suits? Any metal enthusiastic could shed their opinions on this?
Thanks

Edited by SH73

I'd put it in the 'Power Rock' category rather than metal. There's some rock influences in there for sure. Early Def Leppard, a bit of Harris-esque bass and atmosphere from Malmsteen. I can just hear some high pitched soaring vocals in there and you'll be set.

Edited by dood

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1496059575' post='3308426']
I'd put it in the 'Power Rock' category rather than metal. There's some rock influences in there for sure. Early Def Leppard, a bit of Harris-esque bass and atmosphere from Malmsteen. I can just hear some high pitched soaring vocals in there and you'll be set.
[/quote]

Agreed, wouldn't call this Metal at all, I can see the metal influences, however.

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1496059575' post='3308426']
[/quote]

I'm thinking Geoff Tate and Mike Patton.
I know Def Leppard but don't lusten to them. Thank you for your opinion really appreciate it. Hoping to get more views on the song.

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1496059901' post='3308433']
I'm thinking Geoff Tate and Mike Patton.
I know Def Leppard but don't lusten to them. Thank you for your opinion really appreciate it. Hoping to get more views on the song.
[/quote]

Yes! Tate! Exactly what I was thinking!! Bang on :) Are you planning to expand on the theme? Add more sections etc?

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1496060068' post='3308437']

Yes! Tate! Exactly what I was thinking!! Bang on :) Are you planning to expand on the theme? Add more sections etc?
[/quote]
The nuclear explosion and post apocalyptic effects were purely for the challenge aspect.I'd leave the accoustic intro and add a riff or two, depending on the lyrics (unwrittem).
I just have this idea of forming my own band and gig. It's a hard business to be in.

There are elements of the more melodic end of progressive metal. The acoustic intro and middle section reminds me a little of some elements of my mate's band Threshold, except that it never quite builds into actual metal as others have said. So somewhere between melodic rock and prog metal.