Why become a member? ×

What has happened to Fender colours?

Nicko

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1485957364' post='3227999']
Finally Fender come up with some great sounding and playing basses and all anyone can do now is gripe about the colours!!
[/quote]

Why not enjoy life in style?

In addition, the 2008- onwards changes were significant to the American Standards. I have an 09' P and an 11' J. Both are superb. I have played many P basses and I would not in any way want to 'upgrade' to these latest models.

[quote name='drake' timestamp='1485872867' post='3227374']
i wish they would do natural finishes like they did in the 70s, always a cool look
[/quote]I agree. If Chinese fakes can come up with pretty figured woods laminated to the tops, surely all the resources of
Fender could do the same.
Also if they want to play the "traditional" card, where are fiesta red and lake placid blue. These are forever getting mentions as favourites here along with candy apple red (this should be available just out of respect for the late Duck with a gold anodised plate of course).

[quote][color=#282828]Also if they want to play the "traditional" card, where are fiesta red and lake placid blue. These are forever getting mentions as favourites here along with candy apple red (this should be available just out of respect for the late Duck with a gold anodised plate of course). [/color][list]
[*][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=13&t=299521&qpid=3230188"]Quote[/url]
[*][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=13&t=299521&qpid=3230188"]MultiQuote[/url]
[/list]
[/quote]

and sonic blue

and metalflake purple with orange flames :)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1485857543' post='3227172']
They just need to have a few exciting colours in the range. Like, every year, introduce one off the wall colour and one classic pastel.

E.g.

Off the wall - Purple metalflake

[/quote]

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope not, because I'd just might end up buying one mesmerised by its colour :P

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1486545874' post='3232574']

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope not, because I'd just might end up buying one mesmerised by its colour :P
[/quote]

It would be awesome though! hahaha

A purple metalflake Jazz bass, but with all the traditional Fender trimmings. MMMMM! Or just a nice green....like Sherwood Green!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1486547879' post='3232593']
It would be awesome though! hahaha

A purple metalflake Jazz bass, but with all the traditional Fender trimmings. MMMMM! Or just a nice green....like Sherwood Green!
[/quote]

I was going to order a purple flake Jazz bass in a precision-like package from Maruszczyk but I ended up going for a more subdued transpurple... so I still have room for a purple flake in my life... :lol: