Why become a member? ×

recent ebay sales

Kev

is it me, or are effects pedal selling for LOADS at the moment?? theres a few pedals iv wanted to buy, but they end up going for like only a few quid less than a brand new one, whats goin on, i thought people were supposed to be poor?

just a quick example, theres an 2nd hand odb-3 going for £42 at the moment plus shipping....they sell here for around £25 shipped

a boss ls-2 also sold earlier for £48 in total...they are £51 new

I recently bought my Xp-100 whammy and giga-delay off evilBay. The xp-100 i probably over paid for (£140 inc. Shipping) but i think i got a pretty good deal on the giga-delay, (£120 inc. shipping), the guy said it was in pretty good condition, but if it hadn't had the pedalboard velcro on the bottom, i would have thought it was new, not so much as a blemish.

I do see what you mean though, i've been watching [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=320310032034&Category=22669&_trksid=p3907.m29"]this[/url], i know they're rare and sought after, but £360? It'll probably go for over £400

[quote name='BassManKev' post='309915' date='Oct 19 2008, 05:02 PM']well another comment, a japanese boss oc-2, the one with octaver wrote on it, just sold for £38.... less than a odb-3 and 2 ls-2's that have gone last 24 hours

w
t
f[/quote]

Yeah I bid on that but was out when it finished :)

Edited by Protium

Not effect, but effects related - The pedalboard that I was struggling to sell on here for £70 posted sold for £87 posted (you can buy them new for £92 posted) on ebay a couple of weeks ago...I probably made £75 after shipping it and ebay/paypal fees which is about a tenner more than I would have made on here. I wasn't expecting it to sell for that much though. I would have been happy with the £75.

Edited by benwhiteuk

[quote name='dangerboy' post='310154' date='Oct 19 2008, 11:56 PM']I think some of it is due to the exchange rate - like a lot of other people I've been buying effects from the US when it was $2=£1. Now I'm looking to the UK, so bidding on more here. So prices go up here![/quote]

I'd agree with this. Its almost not worth importing anymore. The subdecay quasar i've been admiring for months would only be about £10-15 cheaper to import now, and theres the risk of being hit with import duty on top of it aswell. God damn economy!

Seems a good time to sell though.

• 4 weeks later...

i wish i had the money to be as crazy as the high bidder in this auction must be.... [url="http://cgi.ebay.com/DigiTech-Bass-Whammy-Pedal-Original-Version_W0QQitemZ110309647471QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item110309647471&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.com/DigiTech-Bass-Whammy-P...%3A1|240%3A1318[/url]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300273624775&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX&refitem=110309647471&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DIA%252BUCI%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D42"]seriously?[/url]

the mind boggles

i can pretty much 95% guarantee that the person that pays that much has probably never played one before, or maybe has it in their head that the guitar whammy's dont work with bass, which of course they do just as well as the bass whammy (with the exception of the wh2, which cant handle below a)

and even for the tool fanboys... correct me if im wrong but the xp100 does all the bass whammy harmonies as well, plus a hell of a lot more and wah settings, and they sell for about $150....

Edited by BassManKev

Well, back in the day when they first came out I ordered a Bass whammy
from a stockist in Leics.(Cheapest price etc.)
However, I received the RED one for Guitars!
Couldn't fathom out how to use , so I sent it back as they didn't have bass version.

I purchased the Boss ME8-B instead.
These were more expensive at the time, but are now cheaper when they crop up.