Why become a member? ×

Facebook pages share and like

Len_derby

A couple of years ago we had a topic that invited members to share their band's Facebook page, with a view to networking and getting more likes.
No obligation, of course, to get involved or even 'like'. When we last did this I made lots of new friends and contacts both ways, and I've been to see some of the bands too.
We've had lots of new members and a lot of us have moved on band-wise.

So here we go.

1. Len_Derby. 5 Hills Out, original folk-punk. https://www.facebook.com/5hillsout/

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1483011612' post='3204062']
sorry,a facebook 'like' should be because you've actually seen the band and like them, not some sort of reciprocal agreement to get loads of 'likes' completely devalues the system IMO of course
[/quote]

I know what you mean Paul, but I've liked loads of bands that for geographical reasons I'll probably never see.
I just like their sound clips, videos, look etc.
If someone looks at my page and thinks, 'nah, no thanks' that's cool.

If I may take a liberty and post my two bands pages
Punk Rock covers band - [url="https://www.facebook.com/BlankGenerationBand/"]https://www.facebook.com/BlankGenerationBand/[/url]
Original Rock/Prog. influenced band - [url="https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=cynical%20renegade"]https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=cynical%20renegade[/url]

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1483011612' post='3204062']
sorry,a facebook 'like' should be because you've actually seen the band and like them, not some sort of reciprocal agreement to get loads of 'likes' completely devalues the system IMO of course
[/quote]
This isn't how the kids understand social media Paul, they will find whatever from wherever by whoever whenever, if they like what they see then they will give it a like and follow it. For example Postmodern Jukebox have been on a world tour playing live after people liked their recorded songs on social media.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1483023536' post='3204210']
This isn't how the kids understand social media Paul, they will find whatever from wherever by whoever whenever, if they like what they see then they will give it a like and follow it. For example Postmodern Jukebox have been on a world tour playing live after people liked their recorded songs on social media.
[/quote]you are absolutely right, I don't 'get' social media, I'm just an old fart, never heard of Postmodern Jukebox but I would imagine they got where they are through Social Media recommendations, much like in the old days when you actually met people face to face and someone said "Have you heard so and so, it's brilliant" the same applies on Social Media, but bands liking other bands as a reciprocal agreement can't do any good, you need Social Media users recommending them to other Social Media users because they like them, Social Media has made checking out bands a lot easier but they still need to be properly liked for it to work, or maybe I'm missing something?

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1483027797' post='3204264']
you are absolutely right, I don't 'get' social media, I'm just an old fart, never heard of Postmodern Jukebox but I would imagine they got where they are through Social Media recommendations, much like in the old days when you actually met people face to face and someone said "Have you heard so and so, it's brilliant" the same applies on Social Media, but bands liking other bands as a reciprocal agreement can't do any good, you need Social Media users recommending them to other Social Media users because they like them, Social Media has made checking out bands a lot easier but they still need to be properly liked for it to work, or maybe I'm missing something?
[/quote]

I think you are, people see a band they like on here that they thought they would never meet in a million years, a year later they are away for the weekend and who pops up on their feed, only the band they liked all that time ago that have a gig that night in that town!

I agree about liking for likes sake btw, if I looked at a link above and didn't like what I saw I wouldn't "like" it, but I don't think you need to see the band first in person to like them, I have never seen Nirvana but I like them :)

Mcnach clicked on a link I used to have in my sig, he ended up buying an album, I shall forever be thankful :D