Why become a member? ×

Status S2 - Platinum frets maybe?

hiram.k.hackenbacker

just had a quick glance at the used basses on their website. to say that their prices are "optomistic" is a bit of an understatement. I mean £750 for a used Yamaha TRB4II?!?! I bought a new one(display model) in '00 for £850! And I just sold my TRB5II for £400!

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1474903791' post='3141399']
I think we are too used to BC prices. He's got overheads etc.
[/quote]

yeah i get that but those overheads wont get paid if he cant shift the basses because they are priced too high.

I know this is a very un basschatlike statement, but it's Mark's business how he prices things. Some of the s/h basses are being sold for commission so he does not necessarily control the pricing, and he seems to have done pretty well so far.. And if you don't ask for a discount when you're in there, then my advice is that you should... :-)

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1474904320' post='3141408']
yeah i get that but those overheads wont get paid if he cant shift the basses because they are priced too high.
[/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1474904735' post='3141411']
I know this is a very un basschatlike statement, but it's Mark's business how he prices things. Some of the s/h basses are being sold for commission so he does not necessarily control the pricing, and he seems to have done pretty well so far.. And if you don't ask for a discount when you're in there, then my advice is that you should... :-)
[/quote] are you mark stickley :)

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1474903791' post='3141399']
I think we are too used to BC prices. He's got overheads etc.
[/quote]

Yes, I really don't think we need to revisit that and it wasn't my intention by starting this thread. I'm not a Status expert and thought I may have missed something.

Having thought about it, I believe I can see what happened. There is a limited edition S2 also for sale @ BD for 5,250, which as I understand it is cheaper than its new price. I think someone probably copied that add, changed the photo/details and forgot to change the price maybe?