Why become a member? ×

Damn bloody GAS.

bubinga5

I have the same problem, I wanted a blue/maple P and so I bought a new one and it's fabulous, then I saw a red/maple on here for sale and I coveted it, now it's with me and I'm happy. I have a lovely candy orange/ maple Jazz which is fantastic BUT I saw the Antigua up for sale recently and I thought wow that'll be a great backup Jazz, so I now have it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's getting stupid. I still look at basses for sale even though I don't need any. Beware when you retire guys, too much time on your hands and too many temptations on places like this, I'm now gas free..... unless I see something I can't live without.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1474731943' post='3140124']
I have a lovely Maruszczyk Elwood 5 string jazz bass, it is superb, but im longing for a Lakland 55-02 Deluxe that i have seen.. what is wrong with me.!!? Why is the grass always greener on the other side.?
[/quote]

I must admit I'd prefer the 55-02 to a Jazz bass, throw in the deluxe and it's a winner :)

I have a lovely Maruszczyk Elwood 5 string jazz bass, it is superb, but im longing for a Lakland 55-02 Deluxe that i have seen.. what is wrong with me.!!? Why is the grass always greener on the other side.?
[/quote]

I'm curious, what's the difference between the regular 55-02 and the deluxe?

I've no particular desire to get another Lakland, but even as I'm halfway through the wait for a custom build I still find myself looking in the marketplace and thinking 'ooh, I could do something with that'. It's this damn forum, it's like a wonderful disease... I'm thinking of asking for a special account that restricts me to Theory & Technique, Events and Tutors for Hire. The sections that will actually help me improve.

I had one bass for 20 + years (ibanez ct) and it did me fine.... then I found this place and ebay and I must have bought a dozen bases in 4 years...mostly jazz type necks :lol:
Ive even started an excuse that I played skinny necks and now I'm older my arthritic hands need the wider spacing on P type bases.... gotta buy new bases now :lol: :lol:

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1474833576' post='3140946']
I'm looking at Austin Metros and Maestros, Morris Itals and Marinas etc on eBay, some things just can't be explained!
[/quote]

I'm heavily into classic cars with my 1962 Anglia so there is nothing wrong with you Pete, the choice however.... :lol:

[/quote]

It's not.

Blue

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1474749114' post='3140280']
I have extreme Thunderbird GAS at the mo.....
[/quote]

You have good taste. I recommend the Gibson model or Custom.

If you can find a vintage 90 or 91 you'd be set. For used or vintage make sure there hasn't been any neck damage.

Blue

I had a 55-02 and it was a very nice, journeyman bass (for want of a better term) and did its job well. However, it wasn't a patch on my Maruszczyk in terms of build and feel. I'm seriously contemplating another Elwood L, but I'm not ever likely to have another Lakland. They're very good basses, but I never really connected with it. YMMV.