Why become a member? ×

Sold Limelight 62 stack knob jazz bass Burgundy Mist, matching Headstock.
£750

bumnote

I love this bass, never thought I would go for a relic but this is great. Comes with hard case,

[b][color=black][size=3]1960 Stack Knob Jazz in Burgundy Mist Medium relic[/size][/color][/b]

[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Clay dots[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Hand [/size][/font][/color][size=3]rolled[/size][color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3] finger board[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Aged nitro finish on the neck[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Tortoiseshell scratchplate[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Reverse tuners[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Aged finish in nitro reliced [/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Tarnished metal work (but not rusty)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Stack knobs[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Earth grounding strip from bridge to bridge pick up[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Mute holes[/size][/font][/color]
[color=black][font=Times New Roman][size=3]Hootenanny button on the back of the headstock[/size][/font][/color]
[attachment=228399:IMG_0117.jpg][attachment=228400:IMG_0132.jpg][attachment=228401:IMG_0134.jpg][attachment=228402:SDC14102.jpg][attachment=228403:SDC14103.jpg][attachment=228404:SDC14104.jpg][attachment=228405:SDC14106.jpg][attachment=228406:SDC14107.jpg][attachment=228407:SDC14109.jpg][attachment=228408:SDC14110.jpg]

Edited by bumnote

[quote name='CaptainBlackarm16' timestamp='1474483826' post='3138359']
Last time this came up for sale, i missed it....Any trades?
[/quote]

Unfortunately my band is finishing at the end of the year, so I am retiring and most of my basses will be sold over the nest few months so no trades unfortunately

[quote name='bumnote' timestamp='1474484540' post='3138367']
Unfortunately my band is finishing at the end of the year, so I am retiring and most of my basses will be sold over the nest few months so no trades unfortunately
[/quote]

Sorry to hear you are retiring.
In true spirit of Basschat, PLEASE give me 2 months notice for the Jerry Scheff :blush: :ph34r: :lol:

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1474491967' post='3138442']
Colt 45, check.
Swag bag, check.
Stripey jumper, check.
Mask, check.

I'm going out, I may be some time. :mellow:
[/quote]

Bloody good job you dont live down here, I reckon you would lead me astray. I thought Chi Mike was bad

Also sorry to hear you're retiring - I wish you all the best with that.
I'm pleased you got such a quick sale on this bass. I really like Limelights, and this one looks fab

You have a Jerry Scheff bass? Please, tell more.....
Not that I want to get into a wrestling match with karlfer, of course! ;)

Teaser for Karlfer and Marc S

The Jerry Scheff is a ltd edition run through Steve Barr at the dudepit some years ago

Its similar to a Jazz Bass in feel, but the pickups are more widely spaced and they are lipsticks.

Also has a 3 band eq switched.

Its a very versatile bass and much under rated. {its not a USA model]

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1474531577' post='3138556']
Also sorry to hear you're retiring - I wish you all the best with that.

;)
[/quote]

Out band has been together since 94 and the guitarist/singer says hes had enough. I do a bit with some other people, and I also play every three weeks backing people doing shadows covers. Im only supposed to use a Fiesta Red bass for that. :P

Unfortunately as time marches on gear gets heavier and attention span gets more limited. I reckon I have a few years until i pack up completely

[quote name='bumnote' timestamp='1474554269' post='3138768']
Teaser for Karlfer and Marc S

The Jerry Scheff is a ltd edition run through Steve Barr at the dudepit some years ago

Its similar to a Jazz Bass in feel, but the pickups are more widely spaced and they are lipsticks.

Also has a 3 band eq switched.

Its a very versatile bass and much under rated. {its not a USA model]
[/quote]

1st dibs and heads up bagsied on the Jerry please (whaddya mean circling vultures!)
I do have legitimate excuse :blush:

https://www.facebook.com/karl.altdorfer

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1474554533' post='3138771']
Ooo that does look nice - something a bit different, especially re those pickups
What make / brand was it marketed as?
Nice colour too.
If it's good enough for Jerry....... :)
[/quote]

It is a lakland. Great basses, very good quality.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1474557782' post='3138812']
1st dibs and heads up bagsied on the Jerry please (whaddya mean circling vultures!)
I do have legitimate excuse :blush: [url="https://www.facebook.com/tony.crooks.90/videos/1185224128201790/"]https://www.facebook...85224128201790/[/url]
[/quote]

Says the link is unavailable

Ist dibs fine

Im going to run a sweep stake as to how long you will keep it. Based on past performance about 4 weeks. That lovely pink Flea Bass, the TKS cabs, didnt you have a green limelight?

You have form my son ;)