Why become a member? ×

Fazley Bass Guitars from BAX.

theplumber

Took a punt on a Fazley P bass guitar from BAX. Wasn't sure what to expect as there was mixed reports about their service and quality of certain items. Had a look at their online site and came across some nice looking bass guitars by Fasley. I had been looking for a certain colour for a project and they had a yellow,with white scratchplate. The pictures seemed to show,a nice looking bass. But the price of £70 made my mind up. I ordered on Saturday abd received it Wednesday. Well packed,in two cardboard boxes. I was really only looking for the body and was not expecting it to be up to much at that price point. Wow! What a cracking bass! Well finished,no jaggy frets. The strings are pretty rubbish and dull sounding. I had an old set of rotosounds and stuck them on! What a differance! Ok its not an american Fender or anything like that,but sounds and feels like a decent Squier. The neck is pretty nice,the finish is almost not there at all,very little tint or anything,but that aside it feels fine! I was going to buy anothe neck,maybe change the pickups,but I think I will give it a bash at the practise on Wednesday,if it cuts it and the band don't laugh too much at the colour,I may give it a bash at the gigs over the weekend! No pictures at the moment,as I am in my bed and can't be arsed,but have a swatch at the BAX site! Anyone else had a punt at these guitars yet?

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

The nut width was,if I remember fairly slim.Not as slim as a jazz.Never got round to doing the bass up. I was going to uprate the pickups,maybe change the neck for a Mighty Mite. Played it a few times,but as I had a few others,including a Rickenbacker,it just never got gigged. I ended up selling it to a guy in Edinburgh who bought it for his wife who was wanting to learn bass. Thoughts on it? Yes well made,good looking,sounded fine,I had it at a band practise. Worth buying? Deffo...go for it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had the yellow precision. Was total rubbish, very poor neck and pups/electrics were the worst I've ever seen, looked like they would fall apart at anytime. Pickguard was an unusual shape, in that it was different to any stock p bass shape, which made replacing it impossible. Oddly, the neck had knots in the wood. But I did like the yellow colour.

Edited by hooky_lowdown

I did order the Fazeley P Bass but it was not of sufficient quality for my liking, so I returned it. Neck had an awful texture, didn't even bother plugging it in. Colour was superb aaghh. However, I ended up buying an Aria STB PB on Amazon as a back up bass. My word, the quality is excellent, nice pups, ballsy tone, nice smooth and even neck. Only downside is it comes in regulation black with white guard, but that's going to change soon 🙂

8 minutes ago, bassituation said:

I did order the Fazeley P Bass but it was not of sufficient quality for my liking, so I returned it. Neck had an awful texture, didn't even bother plugging it in. Colour was superb aaghh. However, I ended up buying an Aria STB PB on Amazon as a back up bass. My word, the quality is excellent, nice pups, ballsy tone, nice smooth and even neck. Only downside is it comes in regulation black with white guard, but that's going to change soon 🙂

I tried an STB PB and JB in my local Guitar Guitar shop. The PB was really impressive actually, regulation black with white though lol. The JB wasn't as good in my opinion, overall.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Holy thread revival! Just had a Fazley acoustic delivered today. £55 delivered (down from an alleged £153). I bought it to take to work to have a quick play in my lunch break so wanted something cheap and cheerful. I am gobsmacked at the quality for the money, it is finished way beyond what I could expect at this price point and has a very nice deep tone. The strings that came with it were meh as you would expect, the fret wire isn’t the best if I am being really picky but the intonation is spot on. Even the action height was ok out of the box. It’s no Martin but at not much more than the cost of an expensive set of bass strings it’s a real bargain.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Been playing for many years. Currently using a Takamine TB10 and a Fender ‘58 copy Elite series P bass.

I got the fretless in natural ash on offer at £62.

Worth a punt with 30 day return.

Looks great, feels great, plays great. Sounds surprisingly good through a Fender rumble or a pa/desk.

Only issues are the pots are cheap and feel cheap and the finish has tiny issues when examined closely.

All in all, great fun and a crazy bargain!

Will be using for gigs.👍

• 4 months later...

Bit late now but I have a few Fazley guitars and basses. 

Got the fretless P/J in sunburst. Absolutely amazing for what it cost. Changed the stupid rounds to flats obviously and it sounds and plays as good as any fretless. Yep even a Warwick thumb.

Go for the sort of higher end ones and by that mean the ones costing around £150 as they are hugely different in quality to the cheapo £80 ones. The Outlaw Peacemaker Plus for 140 odd quid is on par with a decent Squier Classic Vibe and even maybe better than my mim fender P. Roasted maple neck. Beautiful to play. Then I have an SG copy in cherry red guitar. Perfect setup, strings were on but changed em out.

As for basses I’m always of the opinion that we get caught up in trying to go for the best hardware, the best names etc. In reality, a bass is a bass in the right hands. My encore p bass joke sounds and plays like my fender or Warwick if I close my eyes. Other thing is, nobody is really interested in the crowd anyway. Except other bass players. Maybe 2 or 3 of em in a crowd of a thousand. So who exactly are we trying to impress? We’re rhythm players after all - we need to hold the band down not drown it out - and don’t get me started on drummers 😤🙈🙈🤬😂

Music Is Not A Sport

- it just feels like it to drummers.

• Like 3

Hey there!

I am also keeping an eye on those & am interested in having more opinions.. i see people who are really happy with theirs, but those who are disappointed are really disappointed lol.. 

Anyone else cares to chime in?