Why become a member? ×

Big amp, small car

chriswareham

"I think that must be one of the most lethal loads I've ever seen in a car!

The lack of view to the nearside could be equally lethal...."

I think the OP had weighed up whether life was worth living or not when he bought a KA :P

To be fair I used to load up a proper Mini like this years ago.
The front seats tipped forwards pivoting on two bolts which I replaced with two pins with R clips so the passenger seat was 'quick release'. With the seat out I could fit half the PA on the back seat , my big, heavy Peavey amp where the front seat was and loads of other bags in around it all with a couple of basses in hard cases on top of it all.
I had to break hard in a back lane once and one of my basses slid forwards with enough force to push the front screen out (perished screen rubber), the bass slid down the bonnet and I had to embarrassingly get out in front of the car I had stopped for and pick up my windscreen and bass.
The screen was broken but the hard case did it's job.
Moral of the story? Always transport your bass in a hard case :D

Edited by Maude

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1472838004' post='3124707']
"I think that must be one of the most lethal loads I've ever seen in a car!

The lack of view to the nearside could be equally lethal...."

I think the OP had weighed up whether life was worth living or not when he bought a KA :P

To be fair I used to load up a proper Mini like this years ago.
The front seats tipped forwards pivoting on two bolts which I replaced with two pins with R clips so the passenger seat was 'quick release'. With the seat out I could fit half the PA on the back seat , my big, heavy Peavey amp where the front seat was and loads of other bags in around it all with a couple of basses in hard cases on top of it all.
I had to break hard in a back lane once and one of my basses slid forwards with enough force to push the front screen out (perished screen rubber), the bass slid down the bonnet and I had to embarrassingly get out in front of the car I had stopped for and pick up my windscreen and bass.
The screen was broken but the hard case did it's job.
Moral of the story? Always transport your bass in a hard case :D
[/quote]

I'm sure someone will be along to point out the error in your ways pretty soon!!! :) :)

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='drTStingray' timestamp='1472771076' post='3124217']
'Back on the day' when my equipment wasn't in the band's van I used to transport it in my Mini 1275GT
[/quote]

Once in my teenage band we got the entire bands gear (2x12 guitar cab+amp, 4x12 bass cab+amp, 2 synths + keyboard amp, 2 2x12 pa cabs + amp, drum kit plus all instruments stands and accessories) into a mini 850 van. It was like a 3D game of tetris fitting it all in though.

Edited by bassman7755