Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Why the change of mind?

I keep trying to downsize my pedalboard, but theres always things I always end up wanting. I tried having a basics board but then I missed the fun stuff when it wasnt there, when it was there I didnt use it so much. I bought an M9 as a compromise and that kept me content for a while, but now im missing having all my individual effects again.

I have slowly fallen in love with the clean bass sound again... And how much I can do with just the onboard pre on a bass.

Plus the band Im now with, so really do hope to stay with for time to come just have no need fo anything but a good solid tone. We tried lots of cool stuff, but it all just seems overkill with the synth player. I may as well have my moneys worth in gear I'll be using constantly, rather than sat at home for noodling with.

That set, I love the setup and won't be selling it off in bits... I'll either get the right deal or I'll keep it all for a rainy day when I'm bored :)

[quote name='Ant' post='405619' date='Feb 10 2009, 07:51 PM']mini board!

[/quote]

Hey, just happened to fall across your band on Myspace/Facebook, and I knew I recognised that pedalboard! You still rocking this thing or have you made any changes recently? Great session from This Dirty Basement by the way.

[quote name='crez5150' post='811798' date='Apr 19 2010, 08:21 PM']Been mucking around with the synth board today for the funk band.... this config seems to work quite well -
[/quote]

What does the 3 button switch do to the deep impact?

And have you ever tried a higher quality PSU? Could you notice a difference?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='812402' date='Apr 20 2010, 11:50 AM']I was asking about the PSU as I used to use two of them until the hum got rediculous. I would have thought the two akai pedals would require at least 500Ma between them, which is the limit of your DC brick, but if it works for you...[/quote]

well this one seems to work fine without any hum.... I thought that the akai's would kill it but no problems at all

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='812431' date='Apr 20 2010, 12:16 PM']These pedal boards all deserve to be heard! It'd be great to add links to demos recorded by each owner, showing some of their favourite effects and combinations....[/quote]

I hear yer, i always take advantage of the fact that some people whack links to their bands myspaces in their sigs but it never quite shows off what all these pedalboards are capable of

[quote name='cheddatom' post='812627' date='Apr 20 2010, 03:02 PM']I've done samples of my board in the past but been so embarassed by how it sounds i've never posted. Playing in a band, through my amp, my board sounds amazing, but DI'd solo bass...... eugh.[/quote]

It can happen the other way around too. Sometimes I'll get a wicked tone/noise when I'm practicing on me jack but when I take it to a sesh with the band it just gets swallowed up and loses it's impact.