Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Just now, Baloney Balderdash said:

Thanks a lot, this is great.

Makes the Zoom multi stomp so much more useful.

Can you scroll both up and down the patches, or only forward?

each footswitch is assigned to a patch. (cannot assign which patch goes to which preset tho) 4 patches per bank, 8 banks in total. you can cycle up and down the banks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ordep said:

each footswitch is assigned to a patch. (cannot assign which patch goes to which preset tho) 4 patches per bank, 8 banks in total. you can cycle up and down the banks 

Thank for clarifying that.

Also I am bit confused why the USB dongle would go into the power supply, isn't it supposed to sit in the USB plug of the Zoom?

So you can't just use an USB cable going from the USB port in the M-Vave to the USB port of the Zoom?

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Also I am bit confused why the USB dongle would go into the power supply, isn't it supposed to sit in the USB plug of the Zoom?

So you can't just use an USB cable going from the USB port in the M-Vave to the USB port of the Zoom?

need its own power I guess. I am not techy but I think the Zoom’s USB port cannot supply power? I imagine it needs loads of juice to work wirelessly 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

The USB port on the M-Vave and the one on the Zoom are both designed to be connected to a computer USB port (USB Host), they cannot be connected directly to one another, they are both USB 'Devices', like a mouse or keyboard.  The bluetooth dongle is also designed to plug into a computer USB port (In this example it just plugs into the power brick), but it also has a socket that looks like a computer USB port (USB Host) and the Zoom can then be plugged into this.

This guy has a tutorial.

Sam x

Edited by SamIAm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Baloney Balderdash said:

But what I meant was that there is an USB port in the M-Vave Mid switch, there is one in the Zoom as well, so with each pedal supplied with power from a regular pedal power plug, can't you use the M-Vave not wireless, but simply with an USB cable going from the M-Vave's Midi port to the Zoom's Midi port?

what SamIam said. 
I think on some devices you can use the Chocolate wired, but not on the Zoom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ordep said:

what SamIam said. 
I think on some devices you can use the Chocolate wired, but not on the Zoom. 

My Dwarf audio processor has both types of USB.  One is used to connect to a computer and is used to access the web interface from a browser on the computer.  The other is designed to have a USB 'Device' plugged in, such as a memory stick; this port can take the M-Vave USB cable and receive MIDI over it, it also provides power over the cable; this is the port I use to connect the Dwarf to my Morningstar MC6 via the MC6 USB port to carry MIDI and power.

Sam x

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moley6knipe said:

I want one. Absolutely no need whatsoever but yeah that’s had some thinking time behind it for sure. 

I'd love one, but it would be an expensive luxury for me if I'm honest.

Having said that, logic seldom plays a part in my decision making.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, tayste_2000 said:

Just to throw it out there (and I don’t know why I’m pushing my unsolicited advice around) but if you were to ever switch to the following wireless

https://www.nuxaudio.com/b8.html (which could be considered a downgrade given the great reviews I hear about the Shure but who knows)

It would allow you to run the Helix in the loop of the wireless and use the xlr out, there by making an even tidier more versatile setup.

Anyway….. carry on

Why? Why did you have to show me this? Just as I was getting happy with my pedalboard setup and telling myself I don't need/want any new toys... :laugh1: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

Medium 

the does the cheaper expression pedal labled future impact work with the c4?

It doesnt. 

I suppose it could with an adapter, but the C4 takes 3mm TRSS and the pedal is 10mm TRS. It is a cheap one, m audio, and you cant even remove the cable.

I bought the source audio one specifically because it had the same 3mm TRSS jack and i didnt want to faff around.

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 2

On 13/01/2024 at 14:37, lidl e said:

Small, medium or large?

20240113_143205.thumb.jpg.c33f2dcc9a4cafe8f45a84624aa00ade.jpg

I guess there's not much point in posting my board now. It's the one at the top 🤣

Korg Pitchblack Poly > Line 6 HX Stomp > Darkglass Element. All powered by a Truetone CS6. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Super Bass said:

I guess there's not much point in posting my board now. It's the one at the top 🤣

Korg Pitchblack Poly > Line 6 HX Stomp > Darkglass Element. All powered by a Truetone CS6. 🙂

Hey, bud!

Fun hanging out!

• Like 2