Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='timmyo' post='284480' date='Sep 15 2008, 07:46 PM']The (shortlived) Zoom analogue pedals are absolute diamonds. I have the set.

the Hyperlead is a genius guitar pedal - not tried it on bass. Very good sweepable mid EQ as well as lo and hi.

The Ultra Fuzz is just bloody amazing. Wooly Mammoth my arse. The dual fuzz circuits in the UF are great - you kind of blend between them with one of the knobs from kind of a Big Muff <--> Fuzz Face type sound

Power Driver is nice - very flexible EQ section.

And the Tri-Metal is instant brewtal metalzzorz <ahem> if you like that sort of thing. Again - not tried it on bass though.

Starting to get harder to find (all of them) now too. I almost flogged mine a while back - glad I didn't.[/quote]

I've had all of them except the Tri-Metal, the Hyperlead is not good on bass at all. The power drive is one of the best punk tones available from a pedal and sounds amazing on guitar my guitarist still has his.

The Ultra Fuzz however is AMAZING

[quote name='metaltime' post='285149' date='Sep 16 2008, 03:44 PM']ive never noticed any low end loss frrom my cream pie not live or for home practice. What kind of settings did you use umph?[/quote]
same as everyone else tone at 10 gain at 12 volume full - having head room is great, i use a matamp 2X15 so its alot easier to notice if your loosing low end all though i'm not normally bothered as long as its still pushing enough air

[quote name='metaltime' post='280161' date='Sep 9 2008, 09:28 AM']here is my current board. A few changes since last time.[/quote]

Hey there

What's the BBE like at the end of the chain? It seems like a nice compressor and i think you're using it in the same way i would like to, to control the overall signal, post FX that is!

Thanks, Rich

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='291217' date='Sep 24 2008, 08:04 PM']Nice set up!

What do you think of the BBE? And also what do you think of the Nano Stone?

Cheers, Rich[/quote]

Really like the BBE. Had one before but flogged it thinking it was doing nothing! When i got my new amp and bass i needed something to tame my bad technique and i think for the money it can't be beaten. I've tried it at the end but i found it too limiting(!). Like it at the beginning to tame my signal going into the effects.

I prefer the stone over the nebula i tried. I don't think it can be beaten in its price range.

I was gonna hold back until I've got everything, but I figured a WIP shot wouldn't hurt:

Top right above the Cream Pie is going to be a Loopmaster pedalboard patcher, and where the ruler is, all the way from the Hellbaby to the Serrano will be a Loopmaster 5 loop with tuner mute and master bypass.

The Hellbaby is just placeholding for an OC-2 that I have leant to a mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok the board has gone through some major changes.

First things first i finally got some decent cables and you guys were right the difference is totally mad. I only have enough to do one of my loops but im not too bothered about this as loop 2 has my non tb pedals in it so cheap cables will do for now.

Red onion looper see my review in that section.

Zoom ultra fuzz OMFG this thing is amazing i will do a review when i get around to it but this pedal is immense.

here is the current layout:

chain is Cream pie > Loop1 > ultra fuzz > Mule > loop return > loop 2 > aria flanger > delay > tuner > loop return > Opto stomp.

[quote name='metaltime' post='306976' date='Oct 15 2008, 11:48 AM']Ok the board has gone through some major changes.

First things first i finally got some decent cables and you guys were right the difference is totally mad. I only have enough to do one of my loops but im not too bothered about this as loop 2 has my non tb pedals in it so cheap cables will do for now.

Red onion looper see my review in that section.

Zoom ultra fuzz OMFG this thing is amazing i will do a review when i get around to it but this pedal is immense.

here is the current layout:

chain is Cream pie > Loop1 > ultra fuzz > Mule > loop return > loop 2 > aria flanger > delay > tuner > loop return > Opto stomp.[/quote]
of course, it would look better on a PT Jr :)

[quote name='metaltime' post='307127' date='Oct 15 2008, 02:44 PM']and im expecting a bogdon od at the end of the month.

a new board will have to wait for now.[/quote]

I've got one of them :)

been doing much re-organisng and selling of pedals, I'll have my trimmed down board up soon

[quote name='metaltime' post='308721' date='Oct 17 2008, 04:23 PM']What do you think of it mr pablo?

I want one to see what all the fuss is about do you think it is as good as TB crew claim?[/quote]

I think its pretty good, does a pretty good cream pie esq tone at lower gain levels but with a bit more top end, I prefer it as a 'heavy overdrive' pedal though as it has a lot of gain and loads of volume on tap