Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1351460358' post='1851494']
I like it :) Pretty close to my ideal. Main reason I never took the plunge with the MXR comp is that it didn't look like the attack went slow enough.
[/quote]

well you're the king of the SFX nano so that's very good of you to say. To be really really honest I like control just so much on my comp that I am not sure I would swap the MXR out unless I could be sure of the right functionality. The SFX does look tidy though and my board would just be so pretty.

Edited by RichF

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1351465048' post='1851561']

Crikey, how tight does that drum kit sound?
[/quote]

Very! It's all tuned much higher than your average kit so the kick drum sit in the mix above the low sub bass. It's an odd kit that other drummers scratch their heads at (small kick, 2 snares, cymbals) but it works for us! :)

[quote name='Hultberg' timestamp='1351616606' post='1853326']
I felt compelled to make a pedal board that would match my new amp

[/quote]

Love this setup!
So three levels of drive then? :)
Phat Phuk -> Multidrive -> TS clone?

Si

You are correct, kind sir.

I use the Phat phuk as an almost clean boost to get some nice tone coloration, and it also makes the multidrive more sensitive to my playing.
With the Phat Phuk engaged it reacts very nicely to both how hard I play as well as where I place my right hand.
The multidrive is set to a mild OD in tube sim-mode, and the TS is full OD/dist.

I only got the multidrive and the Phat Phuk last week so I haven't really had time to play around with them yet. But so far I like what I'm hearing :)

As promised - my updated board. It's undergone a massive shuffle recently. I rack mounted my chorus and trem pedals (both home made) to free up some space on the board and it's worked a treat. The board looks like this:

and the 'Box of Mod' looks like this - still a work in progress, but it's all wired up and functioning for the weekend.

Signal path is: Bass, DHA VT1 EQ, 'Mini' Q-tron, Russian Muff, BDI 21, OC-50 Octave, BSY600, then to the amp with the chorus and trem in the FX loop.

Which is nice...

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1351607264' post='1853185']
[IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/C34A3510-AE5E-41BB-9CCF-23A2E558C9D3-1135-00000108061EC93E.jpg[/IMG]

Mini board for folk duo
[/quote]

Swapped the octave for a bass balls!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='krysh' timestamp='1353155770' post='1872158']
I recently reduced to the max:

I'm still exploring the possibilities and will do for quite some time, but this really opens a new world of sounds. love it! :yarr:
[/quote]

Very interested in the compact GR MIDI unit... Let me know how you get on!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1353162741' post='1872279']
Very interested in the compact GR MIDI unit... Let me know how you get on!
[/quote]
will do, shep.
so far I'm still not too happy with the tracking below the A string. probably still some adjusting of the pu needed, and still some unwanted glitchy noises from time to time so I'll have to deal with the settings, too. ([i]edit: and with my playing technique, too.[/i] :blush: )
but, sounds are awesome, also in combination with the bass sound. no need for my octamizer atm.
well, I'll be working on this. :D

Edited by krysh

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1353348596' post='1874072']
Some new board in action footage... this time from my new project!!

[media]http://youtu.be/7m8jW-J6seQ[/media]

Like us on facebook: [url="https://www.facebook.com/TheBeatConsortium"]https://www.facebook...eBeatConsortium[/url]

Appreciate any feedback on the stuff as well. It's all improvised and we aim to take it live in the new year.
[/quote]

cool sounds, shep.
no videos from me in the near future, because no gigs yet, just rehearsing and finishing and rehearsing material for the album.
so in the beginning of next year something will definately come.

New board and the removal of some pedals and the addition of another calls for a new photo I think :)

Bass -> Boss TU3 -> Barber TonePress -> Dunlop CryBaby 105Q -> Ibanez PD7 -> Boss ODB3 -> Sansamp PBDDI -> Line6 Echo Park -> ISP Decimator -> Amp.

Now using a Pedaltrain 1 board.