Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1343081057' post='1745095']
HAHA no they are both firmly part of the contingent which SURVIVED or was a product of the overhaul. In fact the M9 is the main reason why I sold nearly all of my pedals.
[/quote]

Same with the M13, I only buy weird pedals now :P

[quote name='fraff' timestamp='1343039960' post='1744028']
You'll be needing some of these to stomp on that ....

[/quote]

I hope they're not 'Tiger feet'.

Don't need a coat, as it's quite a warm night. Leaving though.

Updated:

Signal chain:

Bass - Fender Vol - Artec Big Dots Tuner - Marshall Echohead (w/Tempo) - Marshall Guv'nor 2 - Mooer Pitchbox - EHX Octave Multiplexer - Boss SYB-5 (w/Expression pedal) - Yamaha NE-1 Parametric EQ - Boss ME-20b.

I've experimented putting different things through the effects loop and bypassing this that and the other and putting things in different orders, but it all works for me right now so it's staying as it is. I mainly use the Boss ME-20b for a super dubby digital octave (I use the EHX for analogue octave sounds), reverbs and wah. I like using slapback effect and messing around with the auto-wahs and fretless simulator. I well recommend it, it's a good piece of kit and it's a really good size!

I'm gassing for a tremolo; looking at either the Mooer Trelicopter (purely for the size and also cos you get a sticker in the box) or the George Dennis GD120 (because it looks cool and can also fill in as a volume pedal so dont need to make room on the board).

When I'm happy i'll get some George L's and make it all tidy-like!

Truckstop

Bass - LS 2 - Octaver - IQ - Multicomp

Loop A - PODXT Live - BEF pro + Hot hand

Loop B - Deep Impact

George L and Lava cables, Diago Powerstation powering everything except the POD. Edited by woodster

[quote name='woodster' timestamp='1343111231' post='1745238']

Bass - LS 2 - Octaver - IQ - Multicomp

Loop A - PODXT Live - BEF pro + Hot hand

Loop B - Deep Impact

George L and Lava cables, Diago Powerstation powering everything except the POD.
[/quote]
Beautiful! Three envelope filters though.. must be crazy. :D

The filter in the XT is good and perfectly useable but I find the IQ much more flexible for 70's funk stuff.

The BEF pro is used almost exclusively with the hot hand for huge wobble bass, especially on the Artful gigs....

[media]http://youtu.be/timvuxG-Tjw[/media]

Here's mine, small change from before. I've had a real purge of my pedal collection, only the 4 below, my subdecay echobox, PN-2 tremolo and BB preamp have survived the cut!!

Really happy with this simple setup for the band i'm in now. The stache can do so much (the footswitch on the left is a gate)... and the malekko delay screams like a teenage girl in a horror film :)

Edited by GazWills

[quote name='woodster' timestamp='1343214117' post='1747063']
The filter in the XT is good and perfectly useable but I find the IQ much more flexible for 70's funk stuff.

The BEF pro is used almost exclusively with the hot hand for huge wobble bass, especially on the Artful gigs....

[media]http://youtu.be/timvuxG-Tjw[/media]
[/quote]
Sounds amazing.. :blink: Any other vids with that band?
[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1343219039' post='1747184']
Here's mine, small change from before. I've had a real purge of my pedal collection, only the 4 below, my subdecay echobox, PN-2 tremolo and BB preamp have survived the cut!!

Really happy with this simple setup for the band i'm in now. The stache can do so much (the footswitch on the left is a gate)... and the malekko delay screams like a teenage girl in a horror film :)

[/quote]
Looks good, but I must ask: what's the yellow box?

Ixxwj - yellow box is a malekko 300 bright, analog delay that does properly mental oscillation, and pretty nice short delays/reverbs :)

tayste - yeah, BB won, I love that thing! the angler is a good pedal, and useful in the studio for a different o/d tone, but i'm only in the studio 1 or 2 weeks a year, so can't justify keeping it! plus I just bought a fuzzrocious tremorslo, so I need some ££ :)

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1343407944' post='1750378']
nice! now i see why you wanted to pay for the tremorslo on monthly payments ;)

(looking forward to getting mine and pairing it with the PN-2 for some trem-madness!)
[/quote]

Yup!

I wanted it to pair with my PN-2 as well :)

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Here's mine:[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Now i'm waiting for a compressor (a brazilian handmade called Ed's Mod Shop Cyclops) and an EWS Tri-Logic Bass Preamp to finish it.[/font][/color]

This is my pedal board. All mounted on a PT-2, although the velcro on some is a bit resilient to sticking atm but it's fine for bedroom work.

Signal chain goes:

Ibanez SR506 into a Boss LS-2. Loop A goes into the M9 and then the Behringer TU-100 so i can make sure what note the synth patches are playing, makes it much easier for me for programming, and then back into the LS-2. Loop B goes into the EBS Octabass and then into the Source Audio MWBD2 and back into the LS-2. The output is going through some old distortion my nan found one time and gave to me, which sounds surprisingly ok when playing chords and solo stuff high up on the neck. Then into the Zoom 505II and then into the Source Audio BEF Pro and out to my desk setup.

This shows it in conjunction with my Behringer FCB1010 which is being used a controller for my desk setup just as a basic preset to trigger looping and looper functions as well as be able to change tracks on the Octatrack and use the expression pedals to filter stuff mainly.

All of that is connected through audio cables and a midi solutions quadra thru into the Elektron Octatrack on the left. This thing is amazing and basically acts as a command centre and mixing desk and arranger and effects box all in one in this setup. With the new updates of the Pickup machines I can lay down a bassline loop with my effects, then hit a button and the M9 and BEF Pro as well as the Elektron Machinedrum on the right which provides any and all drum and weird sounds that I might need.

When I type that all out it seems really complicated but in operation, other than a few niggling things with my abilities to loop things at the moment, it runs smoothly and i can get a huge variety of sounds for different playing styles from the board and through previous use I know how good a sampler the Octratrack is so it's working well.