Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

It's amazing how quickly the cost of pedals racks up. I'm doing a clearout at the moment and thought I should add up the total of what I'd get if they all sold, and what seemed like a handful of pedals all averaging less than £100 second hand added up to a grand! That's with second hand values too, so think how much I must've spent on everything having bought some stuff brand new. Mental...

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1173155' date='Mar 23 2011, 12:17 PM']I think a good pedal board that has your sound & is fairly compact (if needed) is worth it's wieght in gold.
I'm scared to think what wieght Shep's board would be! :)[/quote]

It's borderline 2 man carry... I can just manage it on my own. Certainly more than my cab :)

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1173155' date='Mar 23 2011, 12:17 PM']I think a good pedal board that has your sound & is fairly compact (if needed) is worth it's wieght in gold.
I'm scared to think what wieght Shep's board would be! :)[/quote]
i went to see his first gig with that set-up. it ripped.

i did advise him to fit castors to the board though.

there are 1K+ lightweight rigs that weigh in at less.

nothing sounds that good though. :)

The trolley is an idea we've both had and will be an investment over the next couple of weeks. It'd be useful for more than just the board anyway! Although I don't think I'll be bumping it down any kerbs in a hurry! :)

Just finished at the studio. Board fully wired. All badass. Some amazing ambient sounds coming from it.

Sorry about iPhone quality pics :)

Signal chain for those geeks that care…
[b]BASS ->[/b]
Digitech Whammy IV ->
Boss LS-2 ->
…..[b]Channel A —>[/b]
………. Boss OC-2 ->
………. Moog FreqBox ->
………. Tech 21 Red Ripper ->
………. Myrtle Pedals Corvid Fuzz ->
………. MarkBass Super Synth ->
………. 3Leaf Groove Regulator ->
………. Moog Low Pass Filter ->
………. Moog 12-Stage Phaser ->
………. Moog Ring Modulator ->
…..[b]Channel B —>[/b]
………. Subdecay Noisebox ->
………. EHX BassMicroSynth ->
(Back to) Boss LS-2 ->
EBS Unichorus ->
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay ->
Boss SL-20 Slicer ->
[b]-> AMP[/b]

1 expression pedal controls the cutoff of my modded BassMicroSynth, the other controls the frequency of the Moog FreqBox. The MP-201 is hooked up to the Moog LPF, Ring Mod & Phaser and does a range of expression and LFO duties, driven by the RedSound Voyager Beat Extractor (Which syncs the LPF rates to the metronome we play to).

Shep

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1179948' date='Mar 28 2011, 08:10 PM']tidy job Shep. with the correct alignment of settings, time travel may indeed be possible... :)[/quote]

Tried it... Only works going backwards not forwards. Not all it's cracked up to be. I'll stick to making of noises :)

This is what it's like at the moment:

On the way are a Copilot FX Dubscope "Deluxe", Orbit and a TC Electronics tuner.
A custom LPF fitted into a expression pedal enclosure is almost ready.
Then I might need a normal overdrive or distortion pedal since I haven't got anything like that :)
Oh yeah, might have to upgrade to a Pedaltrain Pro when those pedals arrive...

[quote name='Albi' post='1181109' date='Mar 29 2011, 06:07 PM']This is what it's like at the moment:

On the way are a Copilot FX Dubscope "Deluxe", Orbit and a TC Electronics tuner.
A custom LPF fitted into a expression pedal enclosure is almost ready.
Then I might need a normal overdrive or distortion pedal since I haven't got anything like that :)
Oh yeah, might have to upgrade to a Pedaltrain Pro when those pedals arrive...[/quote]

I want that Hexe Bitcrusher!

[quote name='Albi' post='1181675' date='Mar 29 2011, 11:34 PM']It's one of my favorite pedals![/quote]
looking at the demo [url="http://www.hexeguitar.com/pedals-bitcrush_e"]http://www.hexeguitar.com/pedals-bitcrush_e[/url] , it looks like it wants to be one of my favourite pedals too. now where do i get one ? :)

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1181720' date='Mar 30 2011, 12:03 AM']looking at the demo [url="http://www.hexeguitar.com/pedals-bitcrush_e"]http://www.hexeguitar.com/pedals-bitcrush_e[/url] , it looks like it wants to be one of my favourite pedals too. now where do i get one ? :)[/quote]

You just have to purchase direct from Hexe.
Drop him an email.
I'd love to get my mitts on that Revolver pedal as well.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1181720' date='Mar 29 2011, 11:03 PM']looking at the demo [url="http://www.hexeguitar.com/pedals-bitcrush_e"]http://www.hexeguitar.com/pedals-bitcrush_e[/url] , it looks like it wants to be one of my favourite pedals too. now where do i get one ? :)[/quote]

Brother of a friend mine is making it.
Hasn't got any website, but it's basicly based on the Moog LPF.

[quote name='Albi' post='1181978' date='Mar 30 2011, 11:05 AM']Brother of a friend mine is making it.
Hasn't got any website, but it's basicly based on the Moog LPF.[/quote]
Sounds interesting. Is he making it so that you can assign the pedal to different parameters? If not, then ask him if he can.

From Hexe:

[quote]Hi!
All my pedals are available only directly through me.
The prices are:
reVOLVER (guitar version): 299,00EUR
reVOLVER (desktop version): 309,00EUR
BitCrusher III (guitar version): 199,00EUR
BitCrusher III (desktop version): 235,00EUR
Fire Starter III: 250,00 EUR
Roboduck: 250,00 EUR
Melusine: 225,00 EUR
Drive Masala: 215,00EUR
RadarPhase: 299,00EUR

+ shipping cost.[/quote]