Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I'm no 'pedal head' but:

The Microbass II is really what everything else grows from.

I have 2 basses inputing to it, one passive and one active via two channels with a variety of tone options including tube sim and the ability to combine the channels.

It has an effects loop too and a headphone socket so it can be used as a small practice (pre)amp.

For more info:

[url="http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/microbass.htm"]http://www.ebs.bass.se/2007/microbass.htm[/url]

I especially like the sweepable mid on channel B (passive input in my case).

The Bass Distortion pedal is new and is an Exar which is certainly, from what I've read, similar to the Jaques pedal. I think that pedal uses the same case and upgraded componants although the Exar seems well put together to say the least. It's quite a soft distortion/fuzz to my ears. As to what kinds of sounds? Hard to answer that one. It sounds really great with the chorus.

[quote name='matt_citizenbass' post='100652' date='Dec 7 2007, 08:07 AM']i want a fuzz tone generator now, its so cute![/quote]

It sounds awesome and brutal, I've got loads of new clips I need to get uploaded and hosted in the next few weeks once I sort out my home internet connection

Edited by tayste_2000

[attachment=4049:Board.jpg]

Here is my board in progress :huh: Its my trace elliot am300 12's footswitch, a boss tu2 and a catalinbread hyperpak. I'm gonna add a chorus pedal dunno what one yet, a digitech BSW and an Effector13 2ADD if it ever gets here :) and possibly a good fuzz and phaser

[quote name='matt_citizenbass' post='101908' date='Dec 9 2007, 09:07 PM']whats the hyperpak like? how dirty is it :huh:[/quote]

The honest answer at the mo is i dont know :huh: It got delivered yesterday and I've been very hungover all day (works christmas night out last nite :) ) but i shall spill the beans when i get a chance to give it a whirl. Tayste has one of the newer ones with 2 knobs i'm sure he's the best man to ask about it

[quote name='matt_citizenbass' post='101908' date='Dec 9 2007, 09:07 PM']whats the hyperpak like? how dirty is it :huh:[/quote]

Well I've had a chance to give this lil badboy a go through my trace am300 12 using The_D's cabs (a 2x10 and a 4x12).

HOLY S##T this thing is loud and dirty :huh: with only one knob its not the most versatile pedal out there but find a setting you like and you wont change it, I had the knob at 9 o'clock and that suited me to a tee, really filthy, grinding sound with very little loss (if any) of low end also it interacted really well with the vol/tone and villex booster on my bass. If you like a filthy overdriven to verging on full on distortion sound they get my vote (not that that counts for much :huh: )

Can you tell i like it? :) :huh:

Edited by mr pablo

[quote name='BassManKev' post='105344' date='Dec 17 2007, 02:30 PM']its been a while....

ye you know the zoom is back :)
have a Jaques trinity wah on the way for xmas, im looking to buy a cheap delay and a whammy (not sure what model yet) and il be "done"[/quote]

Have you tried a Trinity before?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='105367' date='Dec 17 2007, 03:10 PM']nope, shot in the dark really, but its an xmas present being bought for me so it wont be a expensive mistake

have you tried it? samples iv heard seem pretty cool, and i love the idea of the wah[/quote]

Yeah I found it very hard to trigger at all so if you haven't bought it yet I'd avoid it personally.

Just a heads up

[quote name='BassBalls' post='110165' date='Dec 28 2007, 11:43 AM']What's your IPOD going into? Looks interesting.[/quote]

It goes into the Korg PX4B and I play breakbeats out of it and jam along with them for practice much better than just playing with a metronome.

Just can't get a decent transparent sound out of the PX4b but it's such a good practice tool I will allow it's shortcoming.

Also how did you get along with the Trinity Kev?

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='spree' post='116949' date='Jan 9 2008, 12:51 PM']Tayste, are your band and noise boards custom or can they be bought? If so, where?[/quote]

The boards are Pedaltrain Jr's but the cases are custom made but his turn around time can vary but I can put you in touch if you want one made.

Cheers

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='117629' date='Jan 10 2008, 09:18 AM']The boards are Pedaltrain Jr's but the cases are custom made but his turn around time can vary but I can put you in touch if you want one made.

Cheers[/quote]

Thanks T, i'll keep that in mind. I noticed that the boards are angled, how much space is there underneath? enough for power supplies?

[quote name='spree' post='118425' date='Jan 11 2008, 11:36 AM']Thanks T, i'll keep that in mind. I noticed that the boards are angled, how much space is there underneath? enough for power supplies?[/quote]

You can get a diago or dunlop under it but not a voodoo labs with out cutting holes in it.

Chain is...

Wireless
Korg DT-10 tuner
MXR Supercomp compressor
MXR MicroAmp volume boost (for tapping mainly)
Boss OD-20 distortion modeller (I don't like this. It could be good if the signal was blended though... I'd still rather just get better distortions as well...)
Boss CE-2B chorus (I like this a lot)
Boss OC-2 octaver (pretty slick, but I wish I hadn't sold the PS-5 on, the polyphony on that pwned this, though this is pretty characterful)
Digitech Whammy IV (best pedal for dumb noises - I know it should be at the beginning of the chain for best tracking, but I love the crappy tracking sound, I don't use it for playing things high, I have a 7 string for that)
Ernie Ball 6166 volume pedal
Danelectro Wasabi delay (good delay, but in a crappy place on the board)
Line 6 DL4 delay/looper (great fun)