Why become a member? ×

Barefaced 410 & 210 ordered - ok, I`m a fanboi

Lozz196

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1466847416' post='3079304']
Mini amps don't do it .... but have their uses.
You can't have a skybox on a 610 tho
[/quote]
I swapped my ABM500 for a TC BH800 and couldn't be happier with my decision. However I suspect the style you're playing is the biggest factor in selecting your gear.

Just wondering, what would be the max output of a BH800 into a 12ohm two10?

• 1 month later...

Update time, picked up said cabs and - early to say I know - I reckon I`m going to love them. Not used them with the band yet, but at home have worked on the sound so I can get my regular sound from them - and probably made my neighbours want to kill me in the process!

First impressions on the sound are that they are a lot less transparent than the Super 12Ts they are replacing, but in a good way, sounding much more like a traditional bass cab. They just seem to have more "chunk" to the sound - there, a new word to replace punch and heft, chunk. It`s the way forward I think, anyway, herebe a snap of them with my amp/bass:

[attachment=226648:001.JPG]

[quote name='2elliot' timestamp='1472485453' post='3121484']
Great set up. How are you getting on with the aguilar head?
[/quote]

Only used it once so far, with my old BF Super12 cabs, but it was great. The Old Firm Casuals alos used it on the same night so I had a chance to hear it and was quite pleased to say the least.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1472486122' post='3121489']
Hey Lozz.. . . . . I hope you're bringing this rig to the S E Bass Bash?

Please.
[/quote]

I can`t Chris, I`m touring Germany at the time of the SE Bash, so will be using said rig very efficiently.

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1472490822' post='3121537']
I met up with Lozz yesterday and had a little play, what an awesome sounding rig! Fits his pick playing punky sound to a T!

I was thinking of buying his old BF cab, but Karlfer beat me to it.....is there anything Karl HASN'T owned????
[/quote]

It's alright, you can buy it off Karl in a couple of weeks.

Well an update after using the Four10 at a band practice. First off I used the Four10 on its own, without the Two10 as wanted to see how the one cab fared against my old Super12T. Of course whenever you change any bit of kit you have to adjust things a bit, but the main impressions were exactly as described on the BF blurb, in comparison to the 12" range. The cab has a smoother top-end, so I had to add in more treble, mids, and gain in order to get the punky clank/aggression that I need. The lows are tighter and more controlled, though still as present, just in a different area of the tonal spectrum - I`d def agree that they are centered at a higher frequency. So my findings are that the Four10 sounds much more like a traditional sealed bass-cab than my old Super 12Ts, which seemed deeper but with harsher mids and highs, even with the tweeters off. But with a tweak on the eq of my amp I can still get my sound, which is of course the important bit.

But the real question is, am I happy with the cab? Well I`m happy to say the answer is yes, very. So now as we have a tour coming up, the next few rehearsals will be with both cabs - now I`m really looking forward to that!