Why become a member? ×

Shuker no. 2. Completed with Pics!

MacDaddy

• 2 weeks later...

Update from Jon:

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=1]The body is all sorted now, i’ve just started get the shielding sorted, so electrics over the next few days. I’ve got a bit more to do on the neck which i’ll be doing this coming week too. I’ve had a bit of a restricted 2 weeks or so with ‘students’ in, a course the week before last, returning students for three days last week and 3 days again this week, but i shall crack on![/size][/font][/color]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1479140070' post='3174251']
No updates for over a month??...come on, there are people here with OCD who need to know what's going on.. ;) ;)
[/quote]
Bugger! Has it been a month already?

The last email from Jon :

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=1]Yes just trying a few options on the string clamp, well, trying to come up with something easy to use and unobtrusive. I have a similar idea to the kubicki, a little smaller, but its not quite playing ball at the moment, in terms of sitting squarely on the string. I’ll send a pic, Im trying to improve on the number one bass, although is that design standing the test of time?[/size][/font][/color]

Latest from Jon:
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=1]
I hope you’re well! Not far off, as far as the string anchor, I’ve gone for the original design but slightly refined it so the ‘hook’ sits flush with the board and reduced the button size from the rear, this seems to be the least ‘obtrusive’ design.[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=1]
I’m going to be lacquering the rear of the neck, probably fri/mon before fitting the unit.[/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=1]
I’ll send over some alignment option pictures for the volume knob, so it sits on the stripe, theres a bit of scope to move it around so i’ll send a couple for your approval.[/size][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap! That looks incredible!
Definitely like the Sadowsky style knob with the white line too.

Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?

Eude

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1481287690' post='3191220']
Jon said he only recently got hold of the knobs with the white lines. He rather likes them, they are turned aluminium, anodised black.
[/quote]

There's not many forums where you can say "nice knob" without it being taken out of context, lets hope this is one of the good ones... ;)

Eude

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1482957911' post='3203786']
That looks killer! How does the D tuner thingy work? Looks like two additional wee frets?
[/quote]
A spring loaded 'hook' pulls down on the string behind the fret for open E. I release the hook, pull the string out, the hook disappears into the body, and I have open D.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1483004174' post='3203981']
That is simply awesome mate!
You must be one happy bunny?

We'll need a photo with it's sibling, of course...

Eude
[/quote]

yup, Jon has again excelled himself.

I'll try get a pic of Camille and Kennerly up at some point. At the moment I'm playing lots of bass :)

Next rehearsal isn't until 8 January, so I'll report back what it's like at volume.