Why become a member? ×

Musicman Update.

Shockwave

Looks like its black.

Is it?

Woah!

nice :huh:

So yes, A lovely Sterling is on its way with part of my 1100 available. The price? A cool [b]£460[/b] shipped to the UK. (However i got stung 100 quid vat :) ) so about 560+ total.

This is my 2nd Musicman and i cant wait! Reasons i went with a sterling is my crumbling back (At 23 yeah i know!) And The need for a funky 4 string.

Any more ladies musicman bass pictures and opinions will be appreciated!

Rob.

PS. Pickguard idea, Transparant :huh:

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Shockwave' post='293036' date='Sep 26 2008, 07:41 PM']PS. Pickguard idea, Transparant :huh:[/quote]

Cream pearl, white pearl, parchment or snakeskin :)

[url="http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/category/Pickguards/Musicman/Sterling_Bass?limit=100"]http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/category/Pickguar..._Bass?limit=100[/url]

[quote name='Shockwave' post='293036' date='Sep 26 2008, 07:41 PM']This is my 2nd Musicman and i cant wait! Reasons i went with a sterling is my crumbling back (At 23 yeah i know!) And The need for a funky 4 string.[/quote]

Rob, I hope you don't get a shock.

The 2004 Sterling I bought to replace my 1990 Ray weighed about 1/2 lb more :)

Having said that it did sound pretty good.
And, in purple it's definately a girls bass - better get that hair cut me lad :ph34r:

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='martthebass' post='293080' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:33 PM']Rob, I hope you don't get a shock.

The 2004 Sterling I bought to replace my 1990 Ray weighed about 1/2 lb more :huh:

Having said that it did sound pretty good.[/quote]

:) Maybe your Stingray was a particularly light example? Anyways i am used to 5 string basses which are usually heavier anyway.. Heres hoping :huh:

[quote name='Shockwave' post='293081' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:35 PM']:) Maybe your Stingray was a particularly light example? Anyways i am used to 5 string basses which are usually heavier anyway.. Heres hoping :huh:[/quote]

The 1990 was about 9.5 lbs (like the spec) but the Sterling was closer to 10. The 2005 Ray I currently have is about 9.25 - go figure.

thats a nice one!

agree with martthebass on weights. I sold these 2 Sterlings earlier this year.

Both felt heavier or at least as heavy as my SR5 (which I've still got) the white sparkle was a 2002 and the candy apple red was a 2004. the SR5 is a 2001. I didnt sell them because of weight or anything just fancied a change both times. I will buy another as I badly regret letting those Sterlings go.They were both superb players and for me the best neck I've yet played on any bass.

if your back dont like it..... I would!

Edited by dub_junkie