Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn

Kev

Kev why don't you try tuning down a full step, it will loosen up the strings a bit and should make it easier on your left hand and you should also find digging in comes alot more easily, or simply tune down half a step and see if that makes any difference first, just a friendly suggestion man :).

[quote name='BassManKev' post='294522' date='Sep 29 2008, 01:45 PM']come on guys, lets please keep this thread clean of sh*t[/quote]

With all due respect, you have made this a bit of a comedy thread! (no offence intended)

I am sooo close to being tempted, just as well I don't live near enough for a try out!

I was just thinking about simultaneous equations the other day in the shower. Yes, I'm a geek. Finally a chance to use them in real life.

Let's take B as the value of the bass without a neck. G is the value of the graphite neck. W the wooden, and S is shipping.

So:

B+G = 800
B+W+S = 800
B+W+G = 900

We can see straight away that W+S=G, and that W=100. Also G-S=100, and so 100+S=G.

This gives us B+S=700

And therefore S=100, B=600, W=100 and G=100. Therefore we can speculate that the bass, plus both necks, plus shipping, B+W+G+S will be £1000. Which is a bargain IMO.

I really enjoyed GCSE maths, all those years ago.

Lovely bass, btw. I'm sure it'll sell soon.

[quote name='dangerboy' post='297022' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:28 PM']I was just thinking about simultaneous equations the other day in the shower. Yes, I'm a geek. Finally a chance to use them in real life.

Let's take B as the value of the bass without a neck. G is the value of the graphite neck. W the wooden, and S is shipping.

So:

B+G = 800
B+W+S = 800
B+W+G = 900

We can see straight away that W+S=G, and that W=100. Also G-S=100, and so 100+S=G.

This gives us B+S=700

And therefore S=100, B=600, W=100 and G=100. Therefore we can speculate that the bass, plus both necks, plus shipping, B+W+G+S will be £1000. Which is a bargain IMO.

Lovely bass, btw. I'm sure it'll sell soon.[/quote]

This doesn't look right to me? If we assume that the shipping is £30 then it doesn't come to £1000 but £930 and you can apportion B, G and W differently?

Will have a think in more detail.....

Steve

You know, you're right. We need a general solution for all cases of S!

So G-W=S.

We need to know what BMK is willing to sell a neck on its own for. Damn my terrible maths. I should have remembered that you can't possibly solve 4 variables from 3 equations!

Edited by dangerboy

haha, brilliant

the status neck on its own will be up for sale for around £150, which is a bloody bargain, if the rest sells, probably the same price for the wooden neck visa versa

so the best deal is to buy both!

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='dangerboy' post='297022' date='Oct 1 2008, 07:28 PM']I was just thinking about simultaneous equations the other day in the shower. ...[/quote]

[quote name='dangerboy' post='297031' date='Oct 1 2008, 07:48 PM']Damn my terrible maths. I should have remembered that you can't possibly solve 4 variables from 3 equations![/quote]

Maybe you were distracted by something else while in the shower ...

Debby, perhaps?

[quote name='dangerboy' post='297022' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:28 PM']I was just thinking about simultaneous equations the other day in the shower. Yes, I'm a geek. Finally a chance to use them in real life.

So:

B+G = 800
B+W+S = 800
B+W+G = 900

This gives us B+S=700

Lovely bass, btw. I'm sure it'll sell soon.[/quote]

Sorry to go OT, but this has to be my favourite post on Basschat this year! :)

okay, rethink

its still for sale kinda, but i'm gunna give it a good play over the weekend and such, and il probably end up keeping it, il better myself as a player and start using that B. The tone and otherwise playability of this superb instrument is worth that :)

Edited by BassManKev