Why become a member? ×

97 Modulus Flea sold

GreeneKing

This Flea is obviously the Ultimate - fridge magnet :)

I'm starting Uni in a week and realising that owning 19 basses (OCD??) and struggling to put petrol in the car/food in myself is plain stupid.

So why sell the Modulus? Because I think it's a highly desirable bass that'll sell and make a significant difference to my funds.

I bought this beautifully finished bass (don't do sparkle) from Marcus and to quote the fine fella himself:

[quote]Modulus Flea Bass 1997 (Very Early made in the first batch)
Lane Poor Pickup (The Uba Rare one with the Modulus Logo)
Headstock has the "Flea Grin" Logo
Body is very interestingly laminate Top !
One Piece Swamp Ash with Alder Top
Refinished by Dave Wilson in THE most sexy sunburst you've ever seen....
The Back is the highest Gloss Black you've ever seen
Dave Finishes instruments for Stephan Sobell (makes £15k accoustics)
I spent a day with Dave as he finished this instrument and every detail is perfection

The Respray alone cost £350 !

New Badass II Bridge
Custom Made Clear Scratch Plate completes the look

Comes with Gator Hard Case[/quote]

I'm a huge fan of Alan's ACG Pre-amp and have fitted a ACG02 to the Modulus with stunning results. Anyone interested is welcome to come round, have a cuppa and try it.

I'm looking for £1000 and obviously no trades as that defeats the whole point :huh:

I'd rather not send by courier but will if I have to. Willing to travel down the M6 a ways etc.

Hopefully the photobucket folder will, as if by magic, appear here:

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Wraithwrider/Modulus%20Flea/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Wra...Modulus%20Flea/[/url]

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='290812' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:13 PM']This Flea is obviously the Ultimate - fridge magnet :)

I'm starting Uni in a week and realising that owning 19 basses (OCD??) and struggling to put petrol in the car/food in myself is plain stupid.

So why sell the Modulus? Because I think it's a highly desirable bass that'll sell and make a significant difference to my funds.

I bought this beautifully finished bass (don't do sparkle) from Marcus and to quote the fine fella himself:

I'm a huge fan of Alan's ACG Pre-amp and have fitted a ACG02 to the Modulus with stunning results. Anyone interested is welcome to come round, have a cuppa and try it.

I'm looking for £1150 and obviously no trades as that defeats the whole point :huh:

I'd rather not send by courier but will if I have to. Willing to travel down the M6 a ways etc.

Hopefully the photobucket folder will, as if by magic, appear here:

[url="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Wraithwrider/Modulus%20Flea/"]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Wra...Modulus%20Flea/[/url]

Peter[/quote]

Im going to say maybe. and i will get back to you. Need to work out how i'll get the funds together :huh:

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='290812' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:13 PM']I'm starting Uni in a week and realising that owning 19 basses (OCD??) and struggling to put petrol in the car/food in myself is plain stupid.[/quote]

You’re starting Uni this week and you have 19 basses?!?! I take it you’re going to be a mature student?

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='291608' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:14 AM']It depends what you mean by 'mature' Ben? :huh:

I'm 54 if that helps :)

So I guess I have to try to be mature.[/quote]

haha I wasn’t meaning to be a sarcy little £*%ker :huh: Just that it would have been a bloody good effort to build a collection of 19 basses (I’m sure including some proper gems if you’re selling a bass like this) by the time you’re the age of an undergrad :huh:

I feel that for several reasons this bass warrants the title of being just that little bit 'special'.

Why? Well it's a 97 model with a Lane Poor Pup, that happens to have the Modulus logo on it too. The headstock also has the 'Flea' silly toothy grin logo. Not all Flea basses have these attributes!

The finish is just superb and to say it's professionally applied would be a massive understatement.

The (filed) BadassII replaced the original Gotoh bridge and although I can't comment it apparently made a significant improvement. Marcus may like to say how much.

The ACG filter bass preamp is not only a great addition to any bass, it really makes this particular bass sing! A top quality and very useable addition.

The condition is pretty much exceptional too with no dings etc.

I really don't want to eBay this and I know that times are hard but I aint giving it away. If you want to make an offer the worse that can happen is that I say 'you're avin a laugh' :)

EBay may be the answer as I've no doubt as to the desireability of this crackin' bass.

Next up will be a new Fender Aerodyne non export in Oly white with hardcase :huh:

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised there's been not an iota of interest in this rather special bass :)

I'm open to offers, trying it out is not a problem and recommended. I'm going to wait a month or two (nearer Xmas) and then it's Flea on fleabay time.

This really is an exception bass.

Peter

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='301203' date='Oct 7 2008, 12:27 PM']I'm surprised there's been not an iota of interest in this rather special bass :)

I'm open to offers, trying it out is not a problem and recommended. I'm going to wait a month or two (nearer Xmas) and then it's Flea on fleabay time.

This really is an exception bass.

Peter[/quote]

Well, I'd love a flea bass and I have spare cash right now, but as mentioned before I can only play 5 stringers. It looks a great bass, but when they are the wrong side of a grand I think that your pool of potential buyers reduced drastically.