Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Roscoe Beck Signature 5 String bass, SOLD
£875

silverfoxnik

[quote name='ROBBIE' timestamp='1458664634' post='3009626']
Thank you for your prompt reply regarding weight. Slightly on the heavy side for me...However some one will get a great bass.

Regards
Rob.
[/quote]

If it's any help, this is one of the best balanced basses in the universe and feels nowhere near the actual weight it is. Regret selling mine. Unfortunately, I'm on best behaviour (translate as warning)

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1458994326' post='3012663']

If it's any help, this is one of the best balanced basses in the universe and feels nowhere near the actual weight it is. Regret selling mine. Unfortunately, I'm on best behaviour (translate as warning)
[/quote]

Thanks and that is true; the RBVs I've had never felt heavy, even on long gigs.

They also sound great too.. Just took this out to take some more photos and had a noodle on it for a few minutes afterwards. It sounds really good even unamplified!

Edited by silverfoxnik

That's really funny, Chris.. :D

But quite accurate too, as I'm playing 4 string basses almost exclusively these days. So, in a way, I suppose it's the end of an era for me as 5 string player.

My BC Rich Eagle and recently acquired Hayman 40 40 get all the playing time these days.

But if you could have a quiet word with the top brass at Fender for me, it'd be much appreciated! :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1459326337' post='3015390']
Wednesday morning BUMP for[b] the[/b] most excellent Fender bass [b]ever[/b]! :)
[/quote]Fixed ;)

How is this still here? :blink:

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1459339096' post='3015562']
This is one of the basses I didn't think would be up for long at all.... But it is....
[/quote]

Thanks Luke,

I think there's a lot of great basses for sale on here at the moment, so people are rather spoilt for choice..

Having said that, I thought I'd priced this quite competitively, so I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't gone as yet.

Fortunately, I don't have to rush to sell it and I must admit that there's part of me that really doesn't want to, especially after the Beedster's comments the other day which got me thinking about why I rate these so highly in the first place.

So, to remind myself, I had a bit of a session with it - running it through my Trace AH300 head and a home-build 112 cab - and it sounded great to me in terms of really authentic, usable, old stool Fender bass tones.

And I think that's why I rate these RBV so highly; they deliver the sound I've always heard (and liked) so much on lots of my favourite records.

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1459425144' post='3016386']
Thanks Luke,

I think there's a lot of great basses for sale on here at the moment, so people are rather spoilt for choice..

Having said that, I thought I'd priced this quite competitively, so I'm a bit surprised that it hasn't gone as yet.

Fortunately, I don't have to rush to sell it and I must admit that there's part of me that really doesn't want to, especially after the Beedster's comments the other day which got me thinking about why I rate these so highly in the first place.

So, to remind myself, I had a bit of a session with it - running it through my Trace AH300 head and a home-build 112 cab - and it sounded great to me in terms of really authentic, usable, old stool Fender bass tones.

And I think that's why I rate these RBV so highly; they deliver the sound I've always heard (and liked) so much on lots of my favourite records.

Nik
[/quote] :( which is why one's on my want list! Might have to see about selling that bass... (didn't think this would be here long enough to be worth it!)

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1459446780' post='3016728']
:( which is why one's on my want list! Might have to see about selling that bass... (didn't think this would be here long enough to be worth it!)
[/quote]

Good idea! :)